2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 04:55 AM)
Basically, they did a good job fooling you and it didn't meet the demands of what you wanted it to be? I thought it was brilliant in that regard.

So Pizzollato specifically says the purpose was not to fool people, but it is great because it did a great job fooling people.

It had a show packed with weird allusions to a grand conspiracy, and how do they resolve it in an hour?

Hey house is green! Green ears! Done.

you know whats funny,

I always thought the green ears was the ear muffs the guy was wearing when he was mowing the lawn. I thought that made a lot more sense than accidentally painted ears

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
you know whats funny,

I always thought the green ears was the ear muffs the guy was wearing when he was mowing the lawn. I thought that made a lot more sense than accidentally painted ears

someone posted a picture on reddit of green noise cancelling headphones. when they started talking about green ears, my mind immediately went to that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
So Pizzollato specifically says the purpose was not to fool people, but it is great because it did a great job fooling people.

It had a show packed with weird allusions to a grand conspiracy, and how do they resolve it in an hour?

Hey house is green! Green ears! Done.

A lot of those "allusions to a grand conspiracy" were viewers projecting what they wanted the story to be. I got into it too, but it turns out, it was just a love story between 2 men with a serial killer subplot. I thought it was hilarious. The audience got trolled.

We're a week behind on The Walking Dead. I just sat through 30 minutes of Rick hiding under a bed from characters we've never met before.

If my wife didn't want to watch this, I'd have dropped it already. Instead, I will just continue to complain about the badness.

Like the fake red hair on the guy from Band of Brothers and Southland. WTF is that. It's like he used a Crayola marker to color it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
We're a week behind on The Walking Dead. I just sat through 30 minutes of Rick hiding under a bed from characters we've never met before.

If my wife didn't want to watch this, I'd have dropped it already. Instead, I will just continue to complain about the badness.

Like the fake red hair on the guy from Band of Brothers and Southland. WTF is that. It's like he used a Crayola marker to color it.

Those guys come into play two episodes later. The filler episode you will watch next week kind of builds into the following episode. The season appears to be trying to build up characters and relationships and create a new game plan to extend the series.

The draw of the series is down a little but I still find it entertaining.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2938888:date=Mar 10, 2014 -> 09:58 AM:name=southsider2k5)-->
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
<!--quotec-->What is cosmos?

A documentary series that explores how we discovered the laws of nature and found our coordinates in space and time.

How does it compare to say The Universe or Through the Wormhole?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
We're a week behind on The Walking Dead. I just sat throug

h 30 minutes of Rick hiding under a bed from characters we've never met before.

On a show as bad as that, it's hard for me to care about hair coloring :lol:

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
A lot of those "allusions to a grand conspiracy" were viewers projecting what they wanted the story to be. I got into it too, but it turns out, it was just a love story between 2 men with a serial killer subplot. I thought it was hilarious. The audience got trolled.

No it wasn't. It was explicitly in the show that those schools were being used to find and exploit the children, and that there was a "a place down south where a bunch of Rich Men get some good killin"...

He threw the gasoline on the fire. I'm not talking about the Hbuntu actual supernatural theories, but there was too much to the broader scheme of the murders that basically just got resolved by saying "Wellp".

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
Those guys come into play two episodes later. The filler episode you will watch next week kind of builds into the following episode. The season appears to be trying to build up characters and relationships and create a new game plan to extend the series.

The draw of the series is down a little but I still find it entertaining.

I don't think they are trying to figure out ways to extend the series. They are roughly around issue 60 of the comics if you tried to place where they are now in the timeline. And for reference, they just released issue 122.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
I've surprised myself, I've really grown to like Mickey's character on Shameless this year. Noel Fisher steals every scene he's in, unless Kevin is also in it. Then they're co-winners.

Lip's sudden sense of self-righteousness is getting a little annoying, too.

With Frank down for the count (for the moment), and Fiona bottoming out....show still struggling to find a cornerstone to build around again.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)
No it wasn't. It was explicitly in the show that those schools were being used to find and exploit the children, and that there was a "a place down south where a bunch of Rich Men get some good killin"...

He threw the gasoline on the fire. I'm not talking about the Hbuntu actual supernatural theories, but there was too much to the broader scheme of the murders that basically just got resolved by saying "Wellp".

All that mattered to Marty and Rust was that they got their guy as was stated in the finale. Its a bit of a cop out, but whatever.

Both wanted to make amends for not following up their investigation after the 1995 "shootout" at the meth lab

. I think that this case took quite a toll on both of their lives so its understandable if they just walk away, after all they are no longer state detectives.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Holy crap was HIMYM awful last night. I'm so happy there is only 3 episodes left.

That show is so........wait for it................................horrible. I tried watching it this season, and couldn't take it. It apparently had to be halfway decent previously or it never would have lasted. It definitely lasted at least one season too long.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
That show is so........wait for it................................horrible. I tried watching it this season, and couldn't take it. It apparently had to be halfway decent previously or it never would have lasted. It definitely lasted at least one season too long.

The first three years or so were as good of a comedy as there was on TV. The last few years have been awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
The first three years or so were as good of a comedy as there was on TV. The last few years have been awful.

Limping home like one of my all time favorites, Dexter. It gets so ridiculous at the end, you don't feel bad it's going off the air.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Limping home like one of my all time favorites, Dexter. It gets so ridiculous at the end, you don't feel bad it's going off the air.

Agreed. Dexter was great for about two seasons. After that, meh. The ending? Blah.