Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 06:31 PM)
Remember this post when we go to Cleveland. Wouldn't be surprised if Alexei takes one on the numbers.

It was a walk-off....surely the unwritten rules don't expect a stoic trot to first base after hitting a game winning home run.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
Yeah!

Hey Hahn---you have a decent team, and there's league parity. Fix the pen!

Please don't jinx the Sox by giving us the Death March schedule for the next 3-4 weeks, haha.

Playing the Red Sox, Rangers and Tigers will tell us a lot. Especially about the bullpen. Sink or swim. Out of the frying plan and into the fire.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
It was a walk-off....surely the unwritten rules don't expect a stoic trot to first base after hitting a game winning home run.

No s***. You're allowed to celebrate if you hit a walk off homer.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
There's room for a fist pump or the arm raise but hanging around in the batter's box to watch your home run sail 10 feet over the fence? I don't know, a division foe might take exception to that.

Good, they should be motivated. That's what baseball is all about, competition. And it's not like football or hockey, where that kind of emotion is often/usually productive anyway.

We were the main reason they made the playoffs last season.

They should be upset they've already lost more games agains the Sox than they did in 19 games all last year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 06:34 PM)
Please don't jinx the Sox by giving us the Death March schedule for the next 3-4 weeks, haha.

Playing the Red Sox, Rangers and Tigers will tell us a lot. Especially about the bullpen. Sink or swim. Out of the frying plan and into the fire.

20-16 when the Cubs series ends, and we're in it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 06:34 PM)

Ya but Beltre is DL, and Pedroia could be as well. Well see. Need to beat some good teams

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 05:36 PM)
Ya but Beltre is DL, and Pedroia could be as well. Well see. Need to beat some good teams

The Royals were picked by some to get to the World Series...and just got swept by the Twins, who the White Sox should have swept if the White Sox had an actual closer.

A lot of times, it's when you play those teams. The Red Sox and Rangers have been scuffling a bit, and Detroit has come back to earth as well over the last week after their hot start.

Edited by caulfield12

Wow. Just wow! Haven't seen an Alexei walk off home run in forever!

Happy for Alexei, but why the f*** does any pitcher ever throw him a first pitch strike? If I were managing a team, throwing Alexei a first pitch strike would carry a $1000 fine.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
Honestly I am more worried that Lindstrom is still hurt than anything. He is no where near his normal velocity.

He's about 1.5 MPH off of his velocity from last year. But he's also getting up there in age (he's 34 now), so the decrease might not be entirely due to injury.

The Royals were picked by some to get to the World Series...and just got swept by the Twins, who the White Sox should have swept if the White Sox had an actual closer.

A lot of times, it's when you play those teams. The Red Sox and Rangers have been scuffling a bit, and Detroit has come back to earth as well over the last week after their hot start.

[/quot

Whoever picked the Royals for World Series are on drugs, nice season last year, but too many good teams to choose from in the AL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)
Time to make Webb the closer. Needless to say, Hahn/Cooper/Ventura made some awful decisions with this bullpen.

Fathom is right. It's time for Webb or closer by committee. Lindstrom is a joke. He's ridiculously bad.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)
Feel bad for Marcus guy can't catch a f***ing break to be a hero both of his HR's in the 8th have been s*** on by Lindstrom.

Semien belongs. Please get rid of Beckham. It will be downright unfair to replace Semien with Beckham if/when Becks gets healthy. It'll be a sad day when Beckham is penciled in the lineup over Semien.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:21 PM)
Paulie was possibly the worst defensive first baseman in the majors the last few years

That's just a flat out lie. It's not true.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
Matt has to be moved out of the closer role regardless.

Amen, brother.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:31 PM)
Remember this post when we go to Cleveland. Wouldn't be surprised if Alexei takes one on the numbers.

If he does, I hope there's a fight. There was nothing wrong with his freaking out in joy after winning the game. I simply loved his arms flailing in the air.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:35 PM)
There's room for a fist pump or the arm raise but hanging around in the batter's box to watch your home run sail 10 feet over the fence? I don't know, a division foe might take exception to that.

Maybe. f*** them.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:37 PM)
No team with Nick Swisher can complain about hot dogging a big hit.

Great post. Amen!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 10:08 PM)
That's just a flat out lie. It's not true.

From 2010-2013, he ranked 34 of 35 for first basemen by defensive runs saved, at -55.6, minimum 2,000 innings at the position. Only Prince Fielder was worse, and he had about 1,900 more innings.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 05:02 AM)
From 2010-2013, he ranked 34 of 35 for first basemen by defensive runs saved, at -55.6, minimum 2,000 innings at the position. Only Prince Fielder was worse, and he had about 1,900 more innings.

Sorry, but I'm not agreeing with this statement. I'm not a sabermetrics guy per say, but I'm not against them either. I think that this must, in some way, under value Paulies ability to scoop up errant throws. How many errors (baserunners) has he saved just from Alexi alone? I agree that Paulies range was bad, but I can't believe that he was that poor of a 1st baseman. JMHO.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:45 AM)
Yep Indians have 0 right to complain after the Giambi and Swisher s*** against us last year. That was nothing for Alexei.

Did they actually say something, or are we just going off of their body language?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)
Did they actually say something, or are we just going off of their body language?

I don't think the Indians said anything. A couple people just said Alexei should watch out the next time we meet. After Swishers two walk offs vs us last year and Giambis bat flip that still hasn't landed and subsequent "we just won the world series" celebration the Indians have no right to care. Pretty sure Santanas walk off vs us last year was pretty gross too.

If NBA has moved onto oncourt dancing, MLB can move on to walk-off celebrations being perfectly ok. Times change. Even baseball changes. The unwritten rules that applied in 1890 have stuck with the game a long time. But now an un-eraser is going to unerase those unwritten rules.

Edited by Jose Paniagua