Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 05:42 PM)
It's still sinking in, just best case scenario. This is going to be an incredibly interesting draft to revisit in 5 years.

We might be saying "what if" if Kolek becomes an ace, but at least they can't be accused of passing on him.

All of the TUC posts in the last week were wasted hot air in the end. Nola probably ends up 7-12 where everyone was projecting him for the last couple of months.

Wonder if they have a shot at Finnegan at 44 with all the shoulder concerns?

That might cause him to want to take the guaranteed money, rather than risk losing even more if his shoulder goes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
We might be saying "what if" if Kolek becomes an ace, but at least they can't be accused of passing on him.

All of the TUC posts in the last week were wasted hot air in the end. Nola probably ends up 7-12 where everyone was projecting him for the last couple of months.

Wonder if they have a shot at Finnegan at 44 with all the shoulder concerns?

That might cause him to want to take the guaranteed money, rather than risk losing even more if his shoulder goes.

Luke Weaver please.

As a NC State alum and someone living in the Raleigh area who has watched Rodon pitch dozens of times live, I just can't believe we drafted him. Unreal to me.

His game against Cuba at the Durham Bulls park was amazing.

This is a case of Rodon being overanalyzed after a lukewarm year. He is that good!

Congrats everyone!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 05:46 PM)
I think we are ahead of what everyone expected.. Our pitching rotation could be awesome in 3 years with Sale-Rodon-Quintana-Danish... Oh man!

Too bad Erik Johnson has fallen off the face of the earth, but we also can take a Haren/T.Hudson/Feldman/Beckett/Hughes/Kazmir/J.Johnson type for 1-3 years to fill in the back-end now.

The second or third tier after Scherzer/Lester/Shields....then Masterson would be similar to Garza/Santana/Jimenez, although younger.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 06:26 PM)
THIS is why we rooted against the team down the stretch, to just have a shot at this type of talent. Amazing.

Yep, exactly. All those people questioning our fandom and being so visirol about us rooting for the Sox to lose now get to bathe in the reward of having Carlos Rodon on this team. We were sitting at like pick #11 before myself and others decided to bite the bullet and root for Sox losses. Now let's see who goes #11 to Toronto and ask everyone if they would trade Carlos Rodon for that person. The answer is going to be f*** NO.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Yep, exactly. All those people questioning our fandom and being so visirol about us rooting for the Sox to lose now get to bathe in the reward of having Carlos Rodon on this team. We were sitting at like pick #11 before myself and others decided to bite the bullet and root for Sox losses. Now let's see who goes #11 to Toronto and ask everyone if they would trade Carlos Rodon for that person. The answer is going to be f*** NO.

+1

( times fifteen thousand )

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
As a NC State alum and someone living in the Raleigh area who has watched Rodon pitch dozens of times live, I just can't believe we drafted him. Unreal to me.

His game against Cuba at the Durham Bulls park was amazing.

This is a case of Rodon being overanalyzed after a lukewarm year. He is that good!

Congrats everyone!

As Yogi Berra said, "There is nothing like seeing a player with your own eyes and ears." Thanks for sharing, cuz you have seen more of Rodon than most scouts.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 05:51 PM)

VITRIOL/IC?