2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
Hey thanks NBA for that ! :angry:

Vincent Goodwill ‏@vgoodwill 2m2 minutes ago

RT @NBAPR: CLE's Dellavedova has been assessed a technical foul for his involvement in altercation with CHI's Gibson at 10:25 of 4Q

f*** CLEVELAND!

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 13, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
Is Taj eligible to play game 6?

Presumably if they reviewed it to add the Tech for the other guy then Taj did not get suspended for game 6 in that review and the review is completed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)

RT @NBAPR: CLE's Dellavedova has been assessed a technical foul for his involvement in altercation with CHI's Gibson at 10:25 of 4Q

OMG..and that would have been a difference maker.

This just makes everyone look so f***in stupid.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Presumably if they reviewed it to add the Tech for the other guy then Taj did not get suspended for game 6 in that review and the review is completed.

They probably reviewed and realized Taj should have never been ejected in the first place. Every year I enjoy the NBA playoffs but think to myself how much more I'd enjoy them if it weren't for the refs (and this isn't just in Bulls games). I do think NBA refereeing is the hardest of any sport but I also think the refs are the absolute worst in professional sports and playoff basketball gets refed even worse.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 13, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
This just makes everyone look so f***in stupid.

Something about Blatt's deserved technical.

Something about LeBron traveling.

Something about goaltends.

Something about everything this series.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
They probably reviewed and realized Taj should have never been ejected in the first place. Every year I enjoy the NBA playoffs but think to myself how much more I'd enjoy them if it weren't for the refs (and this isn't just in Bulls games). I do think NBA refereeing is the hardest of any sport but I also think the refs are the absolute worst in professional sports and playoff basketball gets refed even worse.

As Bulls fans, it is a bit hypocritical complaining about LeBron's calls vs. what MJ used to get, but this one call last night really bothered me because they were watching in over and over and came to the conclusion they did. Joey Crawford and the 2 dopes with him should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that call after a review last night. Giving a T the next day is nothing. Giving Cleveland 2 shots and the ball when it was their guy that was at fault should be a fireable offense. I could understand it if there was no replay, but the decision made after watching it over and over makes the NBA look bad IMO.

Oh gee, an extra FT would have been nice to have when we were down 2 at the end of the game!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)

He won't get suspended period. He's had one flagrant 1 and one flagrant 2. That's 3 points. If you exceed 3 points, it's a suspension. Unless the NBA thinks what he did really warranted a suspension, he's not getting suspended.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 13, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
Something about Blatt's deserved technical.

Something about LeBron traveling.

Something about goaltends.

Something about everything this series.

Seriously. It amazes me that even with reviews, so much of this series has been just a officiating disaster. This is a million times worse then the inevitable BUT JORDAN DID IT comparisons that will happen, because they didn't have replay 15-20 years ago to make sure this stuff was right. Even with replay, the NBA still has managed to screw this up.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 13, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
He won't get suspended period. He's had one flagrant 1 and one flagrant 2. That's 3 points. If you exceed 3 points, it's a suspension. Unless the NBA thinks what he did really warranted a suspension, he's not getting suspended.

And considering they now T'd the other guy, that takes the pressure off of the NBA to do something additional to Taj.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 13, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)

That's what I meant, the NBA could have decided he did something significantly worse than just a Flagrant-2 and suspended him JR Smith style. As they reviewed the tape enough to say that the Cavs player should have received a technical foul, we can also say that they've reviewed the tape enough to decide they will not issue an additional suspension.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
As Bulls fans, it is a bit hypocritical complaining about LeBron's calls vs. what MJ used to get, but this one call last night really bothered me because they were watching in over and over and came to the conclusion they did. Joey Crawford and the 2 dopes with him should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that call after a review last night. Giving a T the next day is nothing. Giving Cleveland 2 shots and the ball when it was their guy that was at fault should be a fireable offense. I could understand it if there was no replay, but the decision made after watching it over and over makes the NBA look bad IMO.

Jordan got calls but the game was overall much more physical when that did happen. Now they make calls because they assume there will be a foul. There also wasnt nearly as much traveling/eurostepping.

And with that technical, does that mean the Bulls win? The Bulls get free throws? Oh wait, it means nothing.

Edited by RockRaines

I will totally admit that Jordan got the calls, that is indisputable. I dont ever remember him talking a ref off of a goaltend though

And Dellavadovas day after tech is hilarious. They eject Taj, give DELLAVADOVA two shots at the line, AND the ball. Thanks for nothing

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 13, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Did they score on the next possession since they got the ball again?

10:25 Taj Gibson flagrant foul type 2 (Matthew Dellavedova draws the foul) 73-83

10:25 Taj Gibson ejected 73-83

10:25 73-84 Matthew Dellavedova makes free throw 1 of 1

10:25 73-85 Matthew Dellavedova makes free throw 2 of 2

10:25 Joakim Noah enters the game for Taj Gibson 73-85

10:11 73-87 Kyrie Irving makes driving layup (Matthew Dellavedova assists)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)

That is what I found so laughable. They reviewed the freaking play and messed it up even more (ejecting Taj, etc). It was a total joke.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 13, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
Jordan got calls but the game was overall much more physical when that did happen. Now they make calls because they assume there will be a foul. There also wasnt nearly as much traveling/eurostepping.

And with that technical, does that mean the Bulls win? The Bulls get free throws? Oh wait, it means nothing.

I don't even mind LeBron getting the calls...it just drives me crazy that even though he gets "the calls," he cries about e-v-e-r-y l-i-t-t-l-e f-u-c-k-i-n-g c-a-l-l he doesn't get.

Local radio host here in Vegas was just ranting about how LeBron ultimately will go down as the best player of all time. Half of his rant was him picking these random stat-lines from playoff games and mentioning that LeBron has done it while Michael has not. I was thinking exactly what you mentioned above in regards to the defense that used to be allowed, especially come playoff time. It's so incredibly different now I'm not even sure you can compare stat-lines between the two eras.