2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
Actually, he's terribly wrong. And thinking like this is why he's going to fail miserably at his new job. Steve Kerr realizes it's 2015. And that's why he's a champion.

Bah, Phil Jackson is likely to fail miserably at this job because it's incredibly hard to take a basketball team and turn it around after years of losing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 06:17 PM)
Bah, Phil Jackson is likely to fail miserably at this job because it's incredibly hard to take a basketball team and turn it around after years of losing.

That could be true. But the fact he still thinks it's 1995 sure as hell won't help.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
Actually, he's terribly wrong. And thinking like this is why he's going to fail miserably at his new job. Steve Kerr realizes it's 2015. And that's why he's a champion.

Steve Kerr has a great team. That is why he is a champion.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Thanks for the analysis, Hawk. Now back to Beverly Hills 90210. Does Kelly pick Brandon or Dylan? #90's

Dylan...or so I heard.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
Karl is a good coach so normally if I were a fan I'd get upset over a situation like that, but Karl is a proven winner and in George I'd trust (especially given the current state of the Kings). That said, Cousins is a heck of a talent.

I think it's probably just system fit more than anything.

Karl wants to play up-tempo and have an offensive system focused on outside shooting.

I think you can still do that potentially with Cousins, but you'd have to surround him with shooters and with a quality stretch 4 who can play defense.

They want to win now though, I can understand if they were rebuilding, because you could probably get the #2 and Randle from the Lakers at the very least. Not sure how they improve giving up Cousins and the #6 for veterans.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
Steve Kerr has a great team. That is why he is a champion.

Kerr has a great team that shares the ball and plays an incredible team game, as well as shoot the three very well. All three things that Phil has b****ed about starting in the playoffs.

And it is hilarious that Phil would bring up the push off and ISO game like it is some newfangled thing that nobody has ever seen before

image.jpg

Phil has said a lot of dumb things since being President (frankly things that a FO should not say about other players), but on the other hand he's made the correct tough decisions to shed a bunch of salary and perform a proper rebuild. I'm not so sure he won't succeed in building a playoff team. We'll see how he drafts.

Obviously his coaching choice as an abject failure but I'm not sure that was an easy job to fill.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
Phil has said a lot of dumb things since being President (frankly things that a FO should not say about other players), but on the other hand he's made the correct tough decisions to shed a bunch of salary and perform a proper rebuild. I'm not so sure he won't succeed in building a playoff team. We'll see how he drafts.

Obviously his coaching choice as an abject failure but I'm not sure that was an easy job to fill.

I don't agree with him forcing the triangle, but he has shed a lot of s***ty money.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
I don't agree with him forcing the triangle, but he has shed a lot of s***ty money.

To this date, he also has been the first knicks president in a while to add draft picks rather than send them away for nothing.

Granted, these are all things most people would do in that position, which goes to show you what a dumpster fire that franchise has been for 15 years.

They were pretty close to doing it right for the Melo trade. They drafted and signed a bunch of movable assets, but ultimately gave up too much of them for the wrong guy. I do think that was bad luck, as those are the risks a franchise should take.

Phil Jackson also said he was disappointed he didn't get any votes for GM of the year because Mitch Kupchak did (says it all really).

I'm fascinated to see what they do tomorrow at the draft if Okafor and Russel are off the board.

Porzingis is by far the best talent then left, but there's a huge question on whether he's ready to contribute right now or not.

I think they trade down with say Detroit or someone else in that scenario and get Trey Lyles instead.

Yeah, Phil needs to shut up with his prehistoric views on basketball. Is the earth still flat, Phil?

Sure he won back to back titles 5 years ago, but we all know how fast basketball evolves. By 2020 the NBA will be full of cyborgs y'all.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
Yeah, Phil needs to shut up with his prehistoric views on basketball. Is the earth still flat, Phil?

Sure he won back to back titles 5 years ago, but we all know how fast basketball evolves. By 2020 the NBA will be full of cyborgs y'all.

Phil is trolling everyone. I can't believe how many are falling for it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
Phil is trolling everyone. I can't believe how many are falling for it.

trolling falls flat when you arent winning games and stick your foot in your mouth repeatedly.

It's like the most exciting time of the year to talk nba and we're focused on some comments from 3 months ago. Come on.

Throw out some draft speculation, trade rumors, anything, ANYTHING else.

Bulls are looking for a PG apparently and want to trade up for Cameron Payne.

The Bulls would have to get in front of OKC at #14 and potentially Indiana at #11 if they want to get Payne.

I wonder if they'd have any interest in Trey Burke from Utah potentially though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)
The Bulls would have to get in front of OKC at #14 and potentially Indiana at #11 if they want to get Payne.

I wonder if they'd have any interest in Trey Burke from Utah potentially though.

Yeah it would definitely take a major asset to move up and grab Payne. Not sure why they would want to do that to get a backup. My guess would be a trade around Noah to Charlotte.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
It's like the most exciting time of the year to talk nba and we're focused on some comments from 3 months ago. Come on.

Throw out some draft speculation, trade rumors, anything, ANYTHING else.

Bulls are looking for a PG apparently and want to trade up for Cameron Payne.

Payne is ok, i really like Grant from ND, Russell from Ohio, Winslow from Duke. now he has some intriguing skils..... another person is Booker from Key... he can be either pg, sg or sf, quick, a great shooter and can really spread out the floor. his % in shooting is in the 80's and really quick.