Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

I think the John Danks sucks argument, look at his peripherals is a bit shortsided. He is obviously not what he was, however, you take away the 3 or 4 games he just gets tagged, he is still really effective. I would trade him, but I don't think he's the trash he is being portrayed to be. There should be some value in putting up a less than 3.00 ERA in over 80% of your starts.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
•The White Sox have had scouts watching the Yankees‘ surplus of minor league catchers in recent weeks, fueling speculation that the Yanks would like to acquire John Danks.

Per MLBRumors

Things going to be interesting these next few days.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
•The White Sox have had scouts watching the Yankees‘ surplus of minor league catchers in recent weeks, fueling speculation that the Yanks would like to acquire John Danks.

Per MLBRumors

The Sox would have to sweeten the package for Murphy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 05:49 PM)
The Sox would have to sweeten the package for Murphy.

Disagree, maybe if anything send some money their way but the Yankees have 4 legit catching prospects and it could all depend on who they value more. So maybe they value Murphy the least and Hahn can get him for cheap.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
I think its due to him being a pretty good catching prospect and is only 23 years old.

Care to expand on "pretty good prospect" - I know little about him other than that he's a catcher and that he had a strong OBP in his last full year in AAA.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 11:23 PM)
He's likely exhausted his rookie eligibility. Thus not a prospect.

the are 4 cats in the yanks systems whether in the majors or minors. Francisco Cervelli 28,

John Ryan Murphy 23, Gary Sanchez 21, Peter O'Brien 24, Luis Torrens 18,

the reason I included F. Cervelli, is he can start and be a cat now for several more yrs until some of the

prospect who may develop into something better. Same as JR Murphy which I like a lot. another cat

which caught my interest is P O'Brien, he started in the in teens in the top 20 to what #9. he is playing

in the future games for the yanks.

the yanks may have one of the better systems for catchers.

I wonder if it is prospect or prospects that the sox are looking at?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 07:20 PM)
I would be ok with either JR Murphy OR Sanchez. Isn't Sanchez the Yanks top prospect? Is that even a possibility for a Danks deal?

Yankees will not trade Sanchez in a Danks deal. He is a top 3 Yankees spec.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
Care to expand on "pretty good prospect" - I know little about him other than that he's a catcher and that he had a strong OBP in his last full year in AAA.

Sorry man,wasn't trying to be vague. Here's a more recent scouting report. I think his youth and the possibility of sticking at catcher is what's so intriguing.

http://www.scoutingbook.com/players/p2946

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 12:20 AM)
I would be ok with either JR Murphy OR Sanchez. Isn't Sanchez the Yanks top prospect? Is that even a possibility for a Danks deal?

yep, but there is no room for him at the major, they have 2 very good cat now imo. they are JR murphy and Sancher

as #2 rated prospect as of todays new yanks rating.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 12:24 AM)
Yankees will not trade Sanchez in a Danks deal. He is a top 3 Yankees spec.

if the yanks are only talking about minors, I would be real ok with JR Murphy or even Pete O'Brien.

I think it would take a crap load to get Sanchez.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
if the yanks are only talking about minors, I would be real ok with JR Murphy or even Pete O'Brien.

I think it would take a crap load to get Sanchez.

JR Murphy seems to fit Hahn's desired age group (ages 23-27) and he is also MLB ready. With Rodon likely entering the rotation next year and given this chance to shed that salary- this would be the perfect trade for the Sox.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)
the are 4 cats in the yanks systems whether in the majors or minors. Francisco Cervelli 28,

John Ryan Murphy 23, Gary Sanchez 21, Peter O'Brien 24, Luis Torrens 18,

the reason I included F. Cervelli, is he can start and be a cat now for several more yrs until some of the

prospect who may develop into something better. Same as JR Murphy which I like a lot. another cat

which caught my interest is P O'Brien, he started in the in teens in the top 20 to what #9. he is playing

in the future games for the yanks.

the yanks may have one of the better systems for catchers.

I wonder if it is prospect or prospects that the sox are looking at?

O'Brien no longer catches. His defense was always extremely questionable and the Yanks appear to have given it up and moved him to first.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
The White Sox team ERA is 4.13 and their team FIP is 4.09. John Danks is at 4.40 and 4.63.

Thus, John Danks is actually making the White Sox "pathetic" pitching staff even more "pathetic."

Seriously greg, think before you speak. Maybe do some research. I understand that you may have some emotional attachment to John Danks, but he's not that good of a pitcher anymore. If the Sox get prospects, meaning the plural form of the word prospect, then they've already won.

I've been citing quality starts regarding Danks. Isn't he kicking butt in quality starts? It's not like he's been Axelrod-esque or Carroll-esque in terms of stuff, either. The guy takes the mound and you can be assured a quality start (f*** I've jinxed his next start with this, though).

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 12:57 AM)
O'Brien no longer catches. His defense was always extremely questionable and the Yanks appear to have given it up and moved him to first.

actually he does several positions. I read up on him yesterday and it was mention, he still catches several

times a week. he is learning 1b and outfield, I am wondering why? the question I came away from, from

reading the articles is why keep moving him?

he has a strong bat, already hitting 31 hrs I think.