2015 Offseason

Boopa1219

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 04:50 AM)
And also fond of blaming his teammates when he failed. His teammates hated him.

I don't think anyone will compare to Royce clayton. at spring training he was always eating

by himself at a table. no one wanted to eat with him. a couple of bench clearing brawls, he

stayed in the dugout. he didn't come out for the Nat'l anthem for the 9/11 incident, I believe.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 04:28 AM)
Any time busts come up its Navarro and rightfully so. People should have a look back at just how bad he was. Navarro to the Sox is like Edwin Jackson to the cubs. Very similar in how bad they were.

Todd Ritchie and why KW traded for him, giving up on kip wells.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)
I don't know, I always thought he had a tired arm. he put a lot of innings in with pitching in the

minors and then in the winter league.

I could be wrong but I don't recall Erik pitching in the winter last off season. It doesn't sound like something the Sox would do with a guy that pitched 142 innings in the minors for 2013.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
Todd Ritchie and why KW traded for him, giving up on kip wells.

Ritchie was another one no doubt. At least the Sox only endured one year of Ritchie. In all fairness, Wells never amounted to much so he was really no big loss.'

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 1h

Rick Hahn, Kenny Williams and Robin Ventura think #WhiteSox can contend in '15. Should be an interesting offseason. http://bit.ly/ZjokkO

Let's see. Rodon could help the staff next season, but they need a dependable right hander in the middle of that rotation. If they can slide Rodon into the #4 slot during the season, that's a rotation with a lot of upside.

Offensively, still too many outs. They need at least one power bat, probably two, upgrades at least 2 or 3 positions, and they have to get better defensively.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
Russell, Maeda, and some bullpen help please. Robertson maybe?

Maybe. I like Maeda. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox went with Maeda or a guy like Masterson/McCarthy. In the bullpen, there are a lot of free agent options. I'd gamble on Joakim Soria at age 30, and sign him to be the closer. Zach Duke and Luke Hochevar are other intriguing names.

Just my opinion but I have a hard time seeing the Sox going after Maeda. He's 26 with almost 1300 innings under his belt already and weighs in at 6' 154 lbs according to baseball reference. Now factor in pitching every 5th game and I think there is some genuine concern about his durability. I could be wrong but I get the feeling that other teams will offer alot more than what the Sox are willing to.

Edit to add:

I'm not high on Mastson either. Outside of 2011 and 2013, his numbers are very much like Danks 2014. Thanks but no thanks.

Edited by StRoostifer

MLB Network last night was discussing how the Yankees would replace Jeter. I immediately thought of Alexei Ramirez. This has probably been discussed numerous times, but I wondering if they have anything worthwhile to give the Sox.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
MLB Network last night was discussing how the Yankees would replace Jeter. I immediately thought of Alexei Ramirez. This has probably been discussed numerous times, but I wondering if they have anything worthwhile to give the Sox.

I doubt they would give up more than what he brings on the field.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)

The Sox and Yankees are actually great matches if they wanted to pursue a deal.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)
I wonder if Hahn will fire Ventura or if he will step down. I'm kind of hoping for it actually. I'd love to see Dusty(save me the pitch count garbo), or Leyland.

The front office has already endorsed Ventura. He's not going anywhere.

By position, the players that I wonder if the Sox will go after via FA or trade:

C- Grandal, Castro

1B/DH- Butler, VMart, Alvarez

OF- Ackley, Saunders, N. Cruz, Crawford/Ethier, Bruce, C. Dickerson

SP- Samardzija, Gallardo, Latos, Leake

RP- Robertson, Soria, Maurer, A. Miller, Justin Wilson, Rex Brothers

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
By position, the players that I wonder if the Sox will go after via FA or trade:

C- Grandal, Castro

This is exactly my list minus Crawford/Ethier.

I actually know Samardzija and I want to try and convince him to come back to Chicago and play for the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)

C- Grandal, Castro

If we could pick up all those players, I'd give Hahn a B+ for the offseason.

He'd still have to fire Ventura to give us a shot to win and earn an A.