Kenny Williams discussed as CEO candidate in Toronto

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
Wayne Randazzo ‏@WayneRandazzo 3m3 minutes ago

According to @MLBBruceLevine, Kenny Williams commented to him that resigning from the #WhiteSox is one of many options he's considering.

Shame that Bruce Levine had Williams on the radio yesterday, and none of this was known.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Williams on whether he would resign from #WhiteSox: “I’ve considered all options as anyone would given the set of circumstances.”

Ken Williams when asked about his next step: “I’m focused on helping the White Sox win another championship.”

Ken Williams when asked about his next step: “I’m focused on helping the White Sox win another championship.”

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/541648258804621314

Williams on whether he would resign from #WhiteSox: “I’ve considered all options as anyone would given the set of circumstances.”

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/541648263300915201

Again, sources say that #WhiteSox are balking at granting Williams permission to speak to #BlueJays about becoming president/CEO.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/541648273404985344

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
Would the White Sox receive any sort of compensation at all? I know that Friedman just left for the Dodgers. When Epstein went to the Cubs, why did the Red Sox get compensation for that?

Well him resigning you wont get anything for sure. He quits he gone.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
Should have resigned earlier in the offseason. Doing it now is just plain stupid.

Agreed, especially considering he knows our offseason plans better than almost anyone in our FO. I wouldn't want the Blue Jays FO knowing about them.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
I'm just going to resign from my job today for the next job that may come open in the future.

This job has been open for quite a while. His name was mentioned atleast a month ago. You think they got on the phone with him today and just discussed this with him? I think what did happen recently is he finally told management. That's why I think they are balking at letting him interview.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 06:24 PM)
His name was mentioned atleast a month ago. You didnt think he knew that they wanted him then?

You have no idea the circumstances. This criticism is outrageous. He likes his job now, you think he'd throw it away for a promotion that's not a sure thing? He's a human.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
You have no idea the circumstances. This criticism is outrageous. He likes his job now, you think he'd throw it away for a promotion that's not a sure thing? He's a human.

This.

I don't even know why this point needs to be argued.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)

if this is true, just like anyone, he worked hard to get in a position to promote himself. this

will be another feather in his hat. maybe JR is saying all the right things to position the sox

to get a comp pick to release him.

i am one of the most vocal person against KW, that aside, he help get the sox a WS, get

Jose A, and yes, he should have learned a crap load as a FO person in his career. if KW

wants the position, i wish him well.

now back to sox baseball and this week coming. :D

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)

The criticism is not unwarranted when it's the busiest part of the offseason and his contribution to that by upper management was probably seen as a plus. Like it or not he's going to be criticized for that.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
This job has been open for quite a while. His name was mentioned atleast a month ago. You think they got on the phone with him today and just discussed this with him? I think what did happen recently is he finally told management. That's why I think they are balking at letting him interview.

The job being open for awhile is one thing, but mentioning his name and discussing it with him privately without asking permission from the White Sox first would be tampering wouldn't it. From his Score interview yesterday he wouldn't even bite when asked in a roundabout way concerning Jeff S because of the tampering rules. JR has always been fiercely loyal to his employee's so for me this is a surprise that JR wouldn't let KW at least interview for the position. It would be a huge promotion for KW and even if it is a kick in the gut to JR, I really believe that he will let him talk to Toronto. Sounds like a really sensitive issue going forward.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
The criticism is not unwarranted when it's the busiest part of the offseason and his contribution to that by upper management was probably seen as a plus. Like it or not he's going to be criticized for that.

I have to agree with you on this...the timing really sucks and everyone is going to have an opinion on this.

QUOTE (midway @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 12:56 PM)
The job being open for awhile is one thing, but mentioning his name and discussing it with him privately without asking permission from the White Sox first would be tampering wouldn't it. From his Score interview yesterday he wouldn't even bite when asked in a roundabout way concerning Jeff S because of the tampering rules. JR has always been fiercely loyal to his employee's so for me this is a surprise that JR wouldn't let KW at least interview for the position. It would be a huge promotion for KW and even if it is a kick in the gut to JR, I really believe that he will let him talk to Toronto. Sounds like a really sensitive issue going forward.

I think that's pretty well said and sums up everything quite nicely.