2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubs score 2 runs in the 8th without a hit. Why does every team they play refuse to play defense? Walks galore, errors, catchers throwing it away, balks, it is unreal. Lester getting a very generous strike zone is especially irritating to me

Typical atrocious defense by a Cubs opponent, and the Pirates are something like 1-15 with RISP. The funny thing is that Maddon has made some horrible managerial decisions the last few days, but has been bailed out.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 16, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)
This is where I'm jealous of the Sox fans who live outside Chicago. The hype is going crazy right now, to the point where I couldn't ignore the Cubs even when I want to.

I live in Texas and it still makes me want to puke. If i lived in Chicago I'd for sure have a pistol in my mouth 😄

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 17, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Heading to the Cubs game today with my girlfriend and her parents. All 3 of them are Pirates fans. Should be interesting.

Over under of 11 with two good pitchers on the mound. Could be another one of those crazy Wrigley days.

Amazing to me that even post-2005 so many Sox fans are awkward 13-year old girl insecure when it comes to the cubs. Face it, people. The Cubs are coming. They'll have the best offense in the game by 2017. And they have the system/resources to get the pitching they need.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
Amazing to me that even post-2005 so many Sox fans are awkward 13-year old girl insecure when it comes to the cubs. Face it, people. The Cubs are coming. They'll have the best offense in the game by 2017. And they have the system/resources to get the pitching they need.

Okay

Even if that does happen there's no guarantee of playoff success, and the bigger the hype the more fun it is when they fail (2003 and 2008 were quite fun to watch).

Edited by OmarComing25

I hold faith that your MLB prognostications are no better then your NBA ones.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 17, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
Even if that does happen there's no guarantee of playoff success, and the bigger the hype the more fun it is when they fail (2003 and 2008 were quite fun to watch).

What does this even mean? I keep hearing this and still don't get it. There's no "guarantees" in team sports unless you have LeBron James. In baseball, you build a team that can more times than not successfully survive the 162-game blob that is the MLB season. After that what happens, happens. Look at all those Braves teams. On paper, they should've won 5 or 6 World Series. Baseball is random as all hell. Get to the playoffs enough times and more times than not you'll be rewarded.

I'd be OK if the Cubs won it all if it wasn't for the fact that immediately afterwards 50% of Cubs fans would become insufferable douches and I'd have to hear the media nauseatingly wax poetic about it for the rest of my life. At least when the Red Sox ended their drought I wasn't living in Boston surrounded by their fans.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 17, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
I don't understand your confusion. It means exactly what it sounds like. Even if the Cubs do develop the game's best offense and get some pitching, that doesn't mean they'll win a title. The Tigers have had arguably the game's best offense and one of the best starting rotations for years and they still haven't won a title. In baseball this is even more true because of the randomness like you said. In the NBA if you have the best team you're likely to win it all, in baseball that isn't true.

When I said "the Cubs are coming" that didn't mean I think they're about to win the next 5 World Series titles. I mean that they are going to be a force, soon, for the foreseeable future. It's about consistently getting to the playoffs. That's what they're trying to build. And unless you're just an insecure/jealous/hater, you should be able to see it as well.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
When I said "the Cubs are coming" that didn't mean I think they're about to win the next 5 World Series titles. I mean that they are going to be a force, soon, for the foreseeable future. It's about consistently getting to the playoffs. That's what they're trying to build. And unless you're just an insecure/jealous/hater, you should be able to see it as well.

I never said they weren't going to be a force, they have a bunch of super young talent that is already playing well, and though their pitching staff leaves a lot to be desired right now, they definitely have the resources to improve it, especially if they pick up a Cueto/Greinke/Price this offseason.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you. Either way, please change your handle because it's an embarrassment to one of the greatest athletes of all-time.

And how long before hammerhead johnson shows his face in here. Trolls are like sith, always come in two's.

Mavs and Spurs (twice) disagree...great teams/systems or always bet individual superstars in baseball, and usually in bb, too.

Heck, the Mavs weren't even a great team.

That's a very generous strike zone the ump's giving Burnett...at least to Soler there. Has it been consistent all day?

Edited by caulfield12