Hawk on the Score with Mully & Hanley this morning

Kyyle23

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
He said the Sox OF is now in beginning of interview, he said Royals were last year.

That's worse than saying Beckham is the best defensive 2B.

Eaton's well above average, but unless Garcia has lost another 30-40 pounds and spent all off-season working on his defense (in which case at best he'd be around Viciedo 2012 levels)...and Cabrera is just average in LF, it's borderline idiotic.

Not to mention that Dyson's even better than Cain in CF, when he comes in as a defensive sub and moves Cain to RF.

Right now, our 4th OF is Shuck or Taylor, neither of them highly distinguished players defensively.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
I really hope that this is Hawk's last year. He's literally losing his mind and if you look at some of the video of him during the ice bucket challenge it's obvious his body is frail and not up to the rigors of following the team for 162 games. It's in his own interests to scale back and I just hope he doesn't have to be forced out of the booth or turn into a situation like Harry Carry at the end.

I think he needs to follow up on his plans to scale back some games. If anything just to watch his grandsons play ball. I can see hawk out there chewing the coaches ears off while having a big s*** eater grin on his face.

That said, it's plain as day his relationship with stone is not working. Especially in a trying season. The few games wimpy is in te booth he is a different announcer. Of course, paciorek talks s*** half the time, making it an old lady reunion fest

To the best of my knowledge, Hawk has a few more years on his TV contract with the White Sox. Stones contract has one more season to go. Taking everything into account 2015 will be Stones last season with the White Sox. I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 was Stones last year as an announcer anywhere. At his age I don't anybody will sign him.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Feb 15, 2015 -> 07:23 AM)
To the best of my knowledge, Hawk has a few more years on his TV contract with the White Sox. Stones contract has one more season to go. Taking everything into account 2015 will be Stones last season with the White Sox. I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 was Stones last year as an announcer anywhere. At his age I don't anybody will sign him.

What I don't understand, and I do think they do get along better these days, is why 99% of people think if Hawk and Steve aren't getting along, it is Hawk's fault. If one were to interact with each of them seperately just as Joe Fan, it would be 100% the other way. If you ever run into Hawk on the street or at a hotel or something, the guy couldn't be more pleasant. Stone, let's just say he acts like they will be renaming the Cy Young award the Steve Stone award fairly soon.

Edited by Dick Allen

Dick Allen; I agree with you. I met Stone when he pitched for the White Sox and I've met him since he's announcing the White Sox. The perfect word I have in describing him is ARROGANT. I'm hoping 2015 will be his last season with the White Sox.

Baseball is his life. While I find it hard to believe that anyone would not care about the HoF, I don't believe it is as big as deal to Hawk at this point because he has a big ego. He doesn't need anyone else to validate his own opinion of himself.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2015 -> 07:29 AM)
What I don't understand, and I do think they do get along better these days, is why 99% of people think if Hawk and Steve aren't getting along, it is Hawk's fault. If one were to interact with each of them seperately just as Joe Fan, it would be 100% the other way. If you ever run into Hawk on the street or at a hotel or something, the guy couldn't be more pleasant. Stone, let's just say he acts like they will be renaming the Cy Young award the Steve Stone award fairly soon.

Come on man, Steve Stone may be a complete asshole outside the booth, but Hawk is 100% to blame for their awful in-game chemistry. He's constantly talking over Steve and doesn't allow for different opinions/perspectives from his own, which is a shame because Stone has intelligent viewpoints he could be sharing those watching.

We get you like Hawk a lot, but let's not ignore reality here. At this point in his career, Hawk is nearly impossible to work with unless you pair him with a parrot that will just agree with everything he says. I can't see Stone staying with the Sox after his contract ends and frankly I don't blame him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
I don't think he gives two s***s about the hof...I think he's just enjoying himself, especially since he probably can't play as much golf anymore.

I agree. I can not literally think of one time he has referred to any conversation about himself and the Hall of Fame. Every time the Ford Frick comes up, he never talks about it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 15, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
Hawk has a big ego, but I don't think he is hanging around until he is admitted into the HoF. I think he is just doing something he has done his whole life.

Stone has a big ego too but it doesn't bother me

Hawk hangs around because he loves the game of baseball. To me that is completely obvious. It really is his life.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 15, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Come on man, Steve Stone may be a complete asshole outside the booth, but Hawk is 100% to blame for their awful in-game chemistry.

While I may tip the scale in one direction or the other, blaming one person 100% brings another "come on man" kind of comment. Stone has some blame as well. We can discuss if it is 10% or 50%. But you can't allow Stone to skip with zero blame.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 15, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
While I may tip the scale in one direction or the other, blaming one person 100% brings another "come on man" kind of comment. Stone has some blame as well. We can discuss if it is 10% or 50%. But you can't allow Stone to skip with zero blame.

You're right, Stone should tell Hawk to STFU once and a while, so let's blame Steve for about 10% of this mess.

Come on man, Steve Stone may be a complete asshole outside the booth, but Hawk is 100% to blame for their awful in-game chemistry. He's constantly talking over Steve and doesn't allow for different opinions/perspectives from his own, which is a shame because Stone has intelligent viewpoints he could be sharing those watching.

We get you like Hawk a lot, but let's not ignore reality here. At this point in his career, Hawk is nearly impossible to work with unless you pair him with a parrot that will just agree with everything he says. I can't see Stone staying with the Sox after his contract ends and frankly I don't blame him.

LOL.

lmao roasted!

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Feb 17, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
I have no idea whose fault it is, but Hawk is way too over the top for my tastes.

Which is a contrast to the radio announcer who is too under the top.

I hope you arent referring to Farmer, because he is as over the top as they come