2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
I disagree. He's the best but you can't lose one of the best WRs in football and be "fine". We shall see.

An offense featuring Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb, Adams and Jones along with a very stout O-line is going to make you the favorites week in and week out and on the short list of Super Bowl contenders. Had Nelson not gotten hurt, they may have challenged the single season scoring record.

I agree that Rodgers is a magician. Nelson is good but AArod will put the ball where it needs to be.

By the way for you peeps that think I'm basing his status on his comebacks, that's just a piece of the pie. He led the league in most pass categories last year. I personally just think the guy has turned a corner. Vintage Romo throws a pick on that drive last week and the 2 interceptions he threw weren't even really his fault.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
An offense featuring Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb, Adams and Jones along with a very stout O-line is going to make you the favorites week in and week out and on the short list of Super Bowl contenders. Had Nelson not gotten hurt, they may have challenged the single season scoring record.

One of the keys here is the OL assuming they stay relatively healthy. This is the best OL Rodgers has had in his GB career. That will make both Rodgers and the WR group that much better. They receive their first real test this Sunday.

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers/front...-318601411.html

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
They'll win the division for sure. I don't think they can win a Super Bowl without him though. And that's the goal.

You'd be crazy to count out the Packers just because Jordy is out. To me, the lack of depth at ILB is a bigger cause for concern than the WR position. Not saying they are guaranteed to win the Super Bowl by any means but they have as good or a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than any other team in the NFL right now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/i...or-september-15

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 12:49 PM)
Decent chance this streak gets broken on Sunday but this stat is insane:

It's been 17 games since Rodgers threw his last interception in a home game. That's a streak spanning 512 pass attempts. He's had 41 touchdown passes in that span.

When is the last time Rodgers threw a pure interception?

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)
You'd be crazy to count out the Packers just because Jordy is out. To me, the lack of depth at ILB is a bigger cause for concern than the WR position. Not saying they are guaranteed to win the Super Bowl by any means but they have as good or a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than any other team in the NFL right now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/i...or-september-15

The Packers have the luxury of playing in what may be the worst division in football. But they barely beat a Bears team that may only win 4-6 games this year. Its early, but I really expected the Packers to look a lot better last week (even without Nelson).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
The Packers have the luxury of playing in what may be the worst division in football. But they barely beat a Bears team that may only win 4-6 games this year. Its early, but I really expected the Packers to look a lot better last week (even without Nelson).

I don't know, I thought they played pretty well. The offense played about as good as you can expect. They scored on 5 of their 7 drives and didn't commit a turnover or allow a sack. The defense allowed too many rushing yards but they were also playing without a key linemen in Guion and their best run stopping DB in Burnett. I'm really not too worried.

Holy 1 week judgments

They looked fine outside of their run defense, which is their biggest issue right now and has been for some time. They were missing 3 starters on defense (4 if you count barrington going out in the 1st quarter) so I would expect the run defense to improve once they get those guys back (2 are back this week, barrington is out for the year). However, they do need some of the young guys to step up at LB if they expect to contain a run game like Seattle's. No NFL road games are gimmes, just ask Seattle. Main reason why this week's game in Lambeau is the biggest regular season game of the year for GB even though it's only week 2.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
When is the last time Rodgers threw a pure interception?

On the road - He had two vs Seattle in NFC Championship game. Both were probably his fault. One might have been on the WR running wrong route, but other was just a great play by Sherman.

Home - 12/02/2012 vs Vikings. Dumb flea flicker play that he threw deep but was short and Harrison Smith picked him off.

That game made me sick last night. Andy Reid has got to be the most consistently atrocious game caller in the league.

Opening drive, moving the ball well, Charles running well, get down to the 2. Let's run three straight passing plays in which none of the primary routes even get into the endzone! Result: Turnover and loss of 3-7 points.

End of the half, up 7. Sure, let's call a risky out route instead of just running out the clock. Result: Turnover and 7 points to Denver.

Late in the 4th quarter, again moving the ball well, what the hell was that WR reverse option pass play? Seriously? Not the time to get cute. One play later, turnover.

I'm not going to fault him for the end of the game thing, you expect your star player to hang on to the ball there, but the odds of an inside draw from your own 20 and 30 seconds left (1 TO) leading to anything promising is very remote.

KC had 5 turnovers (2 in Denver red zone, 2 in own red zone), went 0-for on 3rd down, dropped probably 3-4 balls that should have been intercepted and had almost 100 yards in penalties. And still should have won that game.

Just a complete f***ing disaster. You can't give away games in the NFL like this. I'd bet a good amount of money that KC misses the playoffs by one game again this year. Just watch.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:12 AM)
That game made me sick last night. Andy Reid has got to be the most consistently atrocious game caller in the league.

Opening drive, moving the ball well, Charles running well, get down to the 2. Let's run three straight passing plays in which none of the primary routes even get into the endzone! Result: Turnover and loss of 3-7 points.

End of the half, up 7. Sure, let's call a risky out route instead of just running out the clock. Result: Turnover and 7 points to Denver.

Late in the 4th quarter, again moving the ball well, what the hell was that WR reverse option pass play? Seriously? Not the time to get cute. One play later, turnover.

I'm not going to fault him for the end of the game thing, you expect your star player to hang on to the ball there, but the odds of an inside draw from your own 20 and 30 seconds left (1 TO) leading to anything promising is very remote.

KC had 5 turnovers (2 in Denver red zone, 2 in own red zone), went 0-for on 3rd down, dropped probably 3-4 balls that should have been intercepted and had almost 100 yards in penalties. And still should have won that game.

Just a complete f***ing disaster. You can't give away games in the NFL like this. I'd bet a good amount of money that KC misses the playoffs by one game again this year. Just watch.

It's so remote that it's better to just kneel the damn ball. NFL coaches are so risk adverse but they can't even play the odds correctly.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
It's so remote that it's better to just kneel the damn ball. NFL coaches are so risk adverse but they can't even play the odds correctly.

I agree, but you do usually see teams give their RB a shot there to do something. If there were 10 seconds left then the knee should have been the play, but with half a minute you do usually see teams try something conservative just to see if they can break anything. After everything that had happened in that game I would have just taken a knee, but I am not getting as upset there as I was at other decisions throughout the game.