2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
Odell Beckham is playing one of the dirtiest games I've ever seen. He should be kicked out.

He should be suspended for next week without question. But its the NFL, and they won't have the balls to.

He is really embarrassing himself today.

Norman is a punk and OBJ has tarnished his rep big time for now but the refs were stupid yesterday. The refs could've diffused this early on yesterday and flagged Norman a couple of times for the crap he was doing after the play. He got away with it and kept poking Odell and then things escalated big time and the refs couldn't reign it back in.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
Norman is a punk and OBJ has tarnished his rep big time for now but the refs were stupid yesterday. The refs could've diffused this early on yesterday and flagged Norman a couple of times for the crap he was doing after the play. He got away with it and kept poking Odell and then things escalated big time and the refs couldn't reign it back in.

Um, no. OBJ was going at it with every Panthers CB. Was Norman innocent? No. But OBJ was the clear aggressor all game long.

But yes, I agree that the refs grossly mishandled that game from the get go. This is the type of performance that should get referees fined or suspended. That was awful.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
Um, no. OBJ was going at it with every Panthers CB. Was Norman innocent? No. But OBJ was the clear aggressor all game long.

Wrong, Odell wasn't the clear aggressor. Norman body slammed Beckham on the 5th play and started the physical confrontations.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/20/josh-norm...kham-body-slam/

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
Wrong, Odell wasn't the clear aggressor. Norman body slammed Beckham on the 5th play and started the physical confrontations.

LOL, so he started it once. OBJ ended it about 4 other times with Norman, and started another fight with another CB on the Panthers as well.

OBJ will be suspended.

What an ugly game by the Bears this past week. Dissapointing way they are finishing the season. We knew the talent wasn't their but some things just left me scratching my head from a game clock / game management perspective. That said, despite some of the issues of Fox, I still fully buy into and believe in him as the head coach. I wonder if Gase is still viewed as a lock for a HC gig? More than anything, our oline play has been absolutely brutal.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)

Haha, "body slammed". OBJ slammed Norman to the ground with much more force shortly later. I love the people using the "but Norman body slammed him!" line. Beckham shoved his forearm right into Norman's throat, they got tangled together, Norman bear hugged, Beckham threw his hands up like he did nothing wrong and Norman pushed him down. Anyone calling that a body slam either doesn't know what a body slam is or is a Beckham apologist/Giants fan.

So what is the bigger need for the Bears oline or impact defensive playmaker? I honestly don't know. I think I still lean for defensive playmaker but oline is a huge huge need. They have been absolutely brutal lately (and that is despite getting protected by an extremely conservative scheme). It isn't the sacks, albeit, Long's poor play specifically lead to a sack and a turnover each of the past two weeks (both when we had great field position and at extremely inopportune times) but the penalties have wiped numerous big plays and crushed momentum.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
So what is the bigger need for the Bears oline or impact defensive playmaker? I honestly don't know. I think I still lean for defensive playmaker but oline is a huge huge need. They have been absolutely brutal lately (and that is despite getting protected by an extremely conservative scheme). It isn't the sacks, albeit, Long's poor play specifically lead to a sack and a turnover each of the past two weeks (both when we had great field position and at extremely inopportune times) but the penalties have wiped numerous big plays and crushed momentum.

Both should be top priority along with a QB its just depending on which they want to improve through draft, FA, or maybe even trade. But all three are absolutely number one priority and I cant place one over another at this point. I just cant. And that is what makes this such a difficult position for Pace and company. They are behind the eight ball that is behind a brick wall, so good luck to them on figuring this craziness out.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Both should be top priority along with a QB its just depending on which they want to improve through draft, FA, or maybe even trade. But all three are absolutely number one priority and I cant place one over another at this point. I just cant. And that is what makes this such a difficult position for Pace and company. They are behind the eight ball that is behind a brick wall, so good luck to them on figuring this craziness out.

Are you suggesting they move on from Jay next year? Highly doubt that happens if Gase is still around.

They're in a position to get a lot done if the cards fall right. Boat loads of cash and a draft pick that currently sits at 10.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Are you suggesting they move on from Jay next year? Highly doubt that happens if Gase is still around.

They're in a position to get a lot done if the cards fall right. Boat loads of cash and a draft pick that currently sits at 10.

If there is a fit that allows them to do that, which is probably not likely. However they do have to address the QB position regardless. So if they have to draft someone that can be grooming while Jay is here for the next couple months then that will work but they have to do something to start planning for the future.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)

Defense and it's not even close. Move Long back to his pro bowl position and draft a RT and all of a sudden that right side becomes a lot better. Leno Jr. has graded out pretty well this year and Slauson is a stud (albeit he's getting up there). I'm a big fan of Grasu, but he needs to get stronger in the offseason. Great upside there though. In other words, there are guys you can at least work with.

The defense on the other hand has a lot of needs. Amos is going to be a very good player, and I still like Fuller (very inconsistent, but tremendous talent). You got young guys like Goldman, Sutton, McPhee to an extent etc. on the d-line who have very good upsides. After that though, it gets bad. They really need linebackers the most cause what they got now is terrible.