4/24-26 - The Pale Hose vs. The Team That Inspired Lorde's Angst

Quin

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Seriously, why do you think the Sox stink after a winter in which everybody said we won the winter meetings; we won the Hot Stove League?

The "it's early" argument doesn't hold water really. You and I have seen this season as a continuation of last with stupid play, lousy approach at the plate and ridiculous defense and mental mistakes. The pitching again has been acceptable. Do we simply sign guys who do not care about on base percentage and it spreads like a cancer through the team? And the frustration of having such a s***ty/inconsistent might be a nicer word/ offense affects the defense in some perverse way?

Somebody must have answers.

Who said they were going to win the world series? They got better. They'll probably finish above .500 which would be a huge improvement.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)
I've got tickets for tomorrows game, which is/was a 1:10 start, so how will that work?

You see the end of the game. The people that had tickets tonight are done. They saw their game.

But in my opinion, they'll be finishing tonight's game on Sunday, and tomorrow's game will be made up later on...maybe May 28.

Fans with tickets dated April 25 will be allowed to enter the ballpark to see both games. Tickets dated for April 24 will not be accepted for entry into the ballpark. Fans with tickets to the game on April 24 can exchange their ticket for a $10 outfield reserve seat for the conclusion of the suspended game as well as the regularly scheduled game.

Gates to the ballpark will open at 11:40 a.m. Comcast SportsNet Chicago, WSCR-AM 670 The Score and WRTO-AM 1200 will broadcast the conclusion of the suspended game and the regularly scheduled game at 1:10 p.m. CT.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 04:19 AM)
Fans with tickets dated April 25 will be allowed to enter the ballpark to see both games. Tickets dated for April 24 will not be accepted for entry into the ballpark. Fans with tickets to the game on April 24 can exchange their ticket for a $10 outfield reserve seat for the conclusion of the suspended game as well as the regularly scheduled game.

Gates to the ballpark will open at 11:40 a.m. Comcast SportsNet Chicago, WSCR-AM 670 The Score and WRTO-AM 1200 will broadcast the conclusion of the suspended game and the regularly scheduled game at 1:10 p.m. CT.

I guess that's fair. 10 bucks for a reserved outfield seat to see another game. I bet if it was a Sunday game it'd have been free. Always a chance of a big Saturday crowd.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 01:09 AM)
One of these games I go to this year will be above 45 degrees, I just know it! We spent the first 4 innings on top of the bullpen bar, the next 4 innings inside of it. I was pretty trashed at the start of the game though, so I pretty much only saw/was cognizant of the game we saw on TV inside the bullpen bar.

Not sure how trashed you could have actually been if you are still able to use the word cognizant.

“You go back and look at all this, and we didn’t start any of it,” Yost said. “None of it, with the exception of what happened in Anaheim (Trout incident). And nothing happened. Nobody got beaned. Nobody fought. That was our fault. But everything else, we didn’t start any of it.”

In the coming days, players like Ventura, Volquez and Cain could face suspensions from Major League Baseball. Now the club finds itself in a curious place. Manager Ned Yost continues to defend the behavior of his players, despite the ugly optics of these incidents. Yost referenced how Samardzija hit Cain with a pitch on opening day, how the Brett Lawrie of the A’s took out Alcides Escobar with a slide, how Oakland’s Scott Kazmir hit Cain, how the White Sox’s Adam Eaton jawed with Ventura on Thursday.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansa...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
“You go back and look at all this, and we didn’t start any of it,” Yost said. “None of it, with the exception of what happened in Anaheim (Trout incident). And nothing happened. Nobody got beaned. Nobody fought. That was our fault. But everything else, we didn’t start any of it.”

In the coming days, players like Ventura, Volquez and Cain could face suspensions from Major League Baseball. Now the club finds itself in a curious place. Manager Ned Yost continues to defend the behavior of his players, despite the ugly optics of these incidents. Yost referenced how Samardzija hit Cain with a pitch on opening day, how the Brett Lawrie of the A’s took out Alcides Escobar with a slide, how Oakland’s Scott Kazmir hit Cain, how the White Sox’s Adam Eaton jawed with Ventura on Thursday.

Samardzija hit Cain after a Royal acted like they won the WS running the bases after a homer. Apparently Eaton did yell something when Ventura walked at him and mentioned Fuddruckers. But Eaton was yelling at himself.

It is Yost"s job to back his players, but if they really think they are fairly innocent, they are going to get hurt this year. Kazmir hit Cain with a slider. What about Ventura hitting Abreu? Ned was a catcher. He knows he is reaching.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 08:04 AM)
Samardzija hit Cain after a Royal acted like they won the WS running the bases after a homer. Apparently Eaton did yell something when Ventura walked at him and mentioned Fuddruckers. But Eaton was yelling at himself.

It is Yost"s job to back his players, but if they really think they are fairly innocent, they are going to get hurt this year. Kazmir hit Cain with a slider. What about Ventura hitting Abreu? Ned was a catcher. He knows he is reaching.

The argument is that Kazmir threw 20 balls and 83 strikes that day...that just because it wasnt a FB doesnt mean he didnt intentionally throw it well inside with a clear purpose.

Snd you know for a fact Eaton's actions were interpreted that way how exactly? Lets not forget the indisputable fact that Eaton wasnt known as a perfect angel with his veteran DBacks teammates.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
The argument is that Kazmir threw 20 balls and 83 strikes that day...that just because it wasnt a FB doesnt mean he didnt intentionally throw it well inside with a clear purpose.

That argument is as weak as the ball slipped out of my hand Herrera used.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
Nobody's debating the Herrera one...but they cant tell the truth unless they want to end up like Sale in the Victor Martinez and Prince Fielder situations.

I understand that, but only you Royals fans are buying the innocence garbage. When Nolan Ryan hit Robin and then beat Robin up, Robin got suspended, Ryan did not. You are allowed to defend yourself. These guys getting suspended shows the Royals are not innocent.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
I understand that, but only you Royals fans are buying the innocence garbage. When Nolan Ryan hit Robin and then beat Robin up, Robin got suspended, Ryan did not. You are allowed to defend yourself. These guys getting suspended shows the Royals are not innocent.

willing to defend one self when attacked is one thing, being a willing combant in a ruckus is another. there is where the suspension comes from.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)

Snd you know for a fact Eaton's actions were interpreted that way how exactly? Lets not forget the indisputable fact that Eaton wasnt known as a perfect angel with his veteran DBacks teammates.

LMAO. Take your Royal blue colored glasses off for a minute. Who was the guy Eaton got into it with? He got 7 games. If Eaton started it he would have at least received a fine.

And as long as you are calling something imdisputable fact, why don't you take a break from kansascity.com and link some of those incidents as proof Adam Eaton is a bad guy and Ventura just an innocent victim.

The only source that said Eaton started it was Harold Reynolds. Eaton told people he was yelling at himself.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)
LMAO. Take your Royal blue colored glasses off for a minute. Who was the guy Eaton got into it with? He got 7 games. If Eaton started it he would have at least received a fine.

And as long as you are calling something imdisputable fact, why don't you take a break from kansascity.com and link some of those incidents as proof Adam Eaton is a bad guy and Ventura just an innocent victim.

The only source that said Eaton started it was Harold Reynolds. Eaton told people he was yelling at himself.

.....And Harold Reynolds has his own agenda. Not worth listening to.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 08:32 AM)
Is this serving as the game thread for today's game?

If so, what time is the suspended game being resumed at?

1:05. As soon as it ends, they will begin warm ups for today's scheduled game. Hopefully we can finally beat these guys. I'm going to my first game of the year today. I hope to see some good baseball. Hopefully we can get to .500 by the end of April.