2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 26m minutes ago

Always fun podcasting w/Josh. Sneak preview: @WhiteSox fans may want to watch some Louisville games this weekend.

Josh Nelson ‏@SSS_joshnelson 29m29 minutes ago

Just finished recording with @jimcallisMLB to preview the MLB Draft. Definitely going to be a must listen on how it could shake down.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 26m minutes ago

Always fun podcasting w/Josh. Sneak preview: @WhiteSox fans may want to watch some Louisville games this weekend.

Josh Nelson ‏@SSS_joshnelson 29m29 minutes ago

Just finished recording with @jimcallisMLB to preview the MLB Draft. Definitely going to be a must listen on how it could shake down.

Corey Ray at 10.......oh my, please baseball Gods.

Law's latest mock

10. Chicago White Sox

Zack Collins, C

Miami

I've heard them on Hudson, Robert Tyler and suddenly on Collins, but less on high school guys.

26. Chicago White Sox

Gavin Lux, SS

Indian Trail Academy (Kenosha, Wisconsin)

Lux's market seems to be in this range, with the Dodgers and Blue Jays also heavy on him. The White Sox also have been linked to Robert Tyler.

Edited by NCsoxfan

I have this weird feeling that Vandy's Bryan Reynolds is going to be one of those players that falls precipitously in the draft and ends up becoming a nice value pick-up for some team. Boring name, draft-fatigue type, but solid/average tools across the board who could become a solid regular.

Justin Dunn is another college arm that has major helium of late. Would be my preferred choice if that Sox go the pitching route at 10. Great fastball, solid secondaries, 4 pitch mix, but some command issues at times. Although not tiny, he's a bit under-sized. Always drawn to guys with that label for some reason.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
No worries, just try and make that distinction next time.

Will do.

Question, who are some HS prospects expected to go in rounds 5-10 that have high ceilings that can be over slot guys?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
Justin Dunn is another college arm that has major helium of late. Would be my preferred choice if that Sox go the pitching route at 10. Great fastball, solid secondaries, 4 pitch mix, but some command issues at times. Although not tiny, he's a bit under-sized. Always drawn to guys with that label for some reason.

If Ray and Rutherford are gone, I'd be fine with Justin Dunn at #10.

My rankings of possible players at #10

1. Perez

2. Ray

3. Rutherford

4. Moniak

5. Garrett

6. Senzel

7. Collins

8. Dunn

9. Pint

Ruling out Groome, Puk, Lewis have no chance of seeing them dropping. We need hitters in our system.

Edited by PolishPrince34

I watched Dunn completely dominate my Green Wave, but he's a stretch at 10. Now, if they sign him below slot and use that to get a first/second round talent in later rounds, then great. But I haven't seen that level of finesse out of Hahn and Williams

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 07:12 AM)
Ruling out Groome, Puk, Lewis have no chance of seeing them dropping. We need hitters in our system.

I'm partial to bats, but the system needs everything to be quite honest.

Callis yesterday seemed pretty sure Senzel and Moniak were both going somewhere in the top 4.

They talked about Corey Ray slipping to the Sox.

What's the latest with Dakota Hudson of MSU? Still in the running?

Callis also said that most of those players drafted last year in the Top Ten....he would still pick all of them over PUK right now, even Carson Fulmer. Also talked a lot about how many HS pitchers there are on the board and how risky they tend to be.