Crazy Trade Deadline Predictions

Chisoxfn

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
Any chance Pittsburgh would trade their competitive balance pick in return for Ramirez? I'd take that deal for the White Sox in a heartbeat. Those picks are released today.

Pitt's substitute infielder of the day yesterday was hitless. They'll start hitting the panic button pretty soon. Doesn't mean they will pursue either Alexi or Gordo, but we can hope.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 07:58 AM)
I love Sale and Abreu but I could almost be fine with seeing us ship everybody out and have a massive trade deadline and August waiver party. I'm tired of watching a s***ty team. But Sale is a generational talent and I'd hate to see him leave.

Thoughts of trading Sale makes every Sox fan sad. However, with all the holes on this team, management needs to ask themselves, "how can we accelerate our progress". One way do this would be to trade from the teams strength which is starting pitching. If Sale is untouchable, they must look into dealing Quintana. Quintana's cost control is ridiculous for his age and performance. He won't bring back the type of package Sale would, but he will bring back a package that can most likely fill at least two of the glaring positional needs.

Since free agents cost draft picks, don't expect them to go this route anytime soon. Lastly, the final option to fill up all these holes would be to simply undergo a rebuild. This means it would make zero sense to keep Sale as it would likely burn 3 additional years off his career. He is in his prime now, any trade for Sale would bring you an absolute haul and can completely transform a teams future.

With all speculation aside in regards to Sale and Q, expect Shark to be dealt within the next 5 days. Today will be his final start in a white sox uniform. I'm hopefull to obtain a catcher for him.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
I would like to see a LaRoche for Wong trade. When Matt Adams is back next year they could just slide LaRoche over to 2B.

LOL you are joking right.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
Samardzija and Alexei to the Pirates for Meadows, Garcia, Kingham, and Luplow

I definitely like your idea of linking Alexei and Samardzija together. I just can't see the White Sox taking his $11 million option. I can see them signing Alexei to a 1 year $4 million deal if they truly feel Anderson isn't ready OR they can't improve this position via a separate trade.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
I definitely like your idea of linking Alexei and Samardzija together. I just can't see the White Sox taking his $11 million option. I can see them signing Alexei to a 1 year $4 million deal if they truly feel Anderson isn't ready OR they can't improve this position via a separate trade.

I'm ok with him coming back cheap, but I'd also be ok if they let Saladino play short next season as a stopgap.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
Samardzija and Alexei to the Pirates for Meadows, Garcia, Kingham, and Luplow

I'd piss my in joy pants if this happened. I'd be pumped to just get Meadows and Kingham. Garcia and Luplow would be gravy.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
I'll be happy if they trade Samardzija, Alexei, and Quintana. The first two just to get something, and Q because they heard something they couldn't say No to.

I like Q alot, but I have warmed up to the idea recently. I just don't see how the offense can drastically improve without trading Q or Sale. Signing aging veterans or finding lightning in a bottle isn't exactly a guaranteed science.

Problem is, if you trade Q, you almost have to sign a #2 SP this offseason. Thankfully, that is the one area where the FA class isn't totally bleak.

Sale

Rodon

Erik Johnson

Danks / Fulmer / Montas

And that is counting on one of EJ, Fulmer and Montas to be in the rotation. But if you don't go out and sign a SP, then you have to expect 2 of them. But I suppose if we don't plan on competing in 2016, you may as well roll the dice there and see what you have.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
Conversely, I'd be very pissed if this is all they got for Shark and Alexei.

There's going to be quite a few Sox fans pissed after they see what the return for Samardzija is. Same if Alexei is traded.

I'm just trying to be more realistic. Samardzija is a rental among many rentals in a small buyers market so I'm keeping my expectations low to avoid disappointment with the return.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 07:23 AM)
Thoughts of trading Sale makes every Sox fan sad. However, with all the holes on this team, management needs to ask themselves, "how can we accelerate our progress". One way do this would be to trade from the teams strength which is starting pitching. If Sale is untouchable, they must look into dealing Quintana. Quintana's cost control is ridiculous for his age and performance. He won't bring back the type of package Sale would, but he will bring back a package that can most likely fill at least two of the glaring positional needs.

Since free agents cost draft picks, don't expect them to go this route anytime soon. Lastly, the final option to fill up all these holes would be to simply undergo a rebuild. This means it would make zero sense to keep Sale as it would likely burn 3 additional years off his career. He is in his prime now, any trade for Sale would bring you an absolute haul and can completely transform a teams future.

With all speculation aside in regards to Sale and Q, expect Shark to be dealt within the next 5 days. Today will be his final start in a white sox uniform. I'm hopefull to obtain a catcher for him.

It sucks. Spring training I laughed at the thought of trading him. But nothing is going in our favor. Maybe we can keep him, and trade shark and Quintana and get some bats and improve this team. Sale is the only reason I watch. I just can't watch terrible baseball. It pisses me off. If we were at least scoring and had exciting games I'd probably watch more but there's no point when on a rare good night, we score 5 runs.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 09:03 AM)
There's going to be quite a few Sox fans pissed after they see what the return for Samardzija is. Same if Alexei is traded.

I'm just trying to be more realistic. Samardzija is a rental among many rentals in a small buyers market so I'm keeping my expectations low to avoid disappointment with the return.

You may be right, but this is supposedly one of the better seller's markets in years.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
You may be right, but this is supposedly one of the better seller's markets in years.

It was a sellers market but more rentals have entered the market and a few teams have become fringe contenders making them less likely to trade decent prospects for a rental. Also, of the current division leaders and WC teams, the Nat's/ Yanks/ Angels are not in the market for starting pitching which limits the amount of trade partners even more.