White Sox will be buyers at the deadline

southsider2k5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
Hello, KW.

This isn't Hahn planting something with the media.

i really do hope they do well and not sell too much. i really hope i am wrong when i say this is a bad move.

i second that. Hello fvvcking KW.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
I'm fine with it as long as we don't do something stupid like trade Adams/Anderson for CarGo/Upton.

Carlos Gonzalez is the most likely, IMO. Has KW all over it.

He'll mortgage the future for a misguided attempt at contending.

Edited by oneofthemikes

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
I want Cespedes way more than CarGo.

I think we have enough hitters with BB% hovering around 4-5%.

Cargo's not the most patient hitter either, but he'll at least be league average walk-wise.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
I'm kinda worried about trading in an attempt just to compete for a one-game road trip.

If it's more about that AND adding for the 2016 team, then it would make more sense to buy now.

Interesting times.

unless we get the first WC. Which is very possible still.

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
He'll wind up costing just as much though.

KW doesn't view prospects as future major leaguers, he views them as a means to acquire current major leaguers.

The farm system is there to help the major league team. Whether that means home grown talent or acquiring ML players with them, so be it. Prospects are currency.

Matt Meyers @mtmeyers · Jul 26

Best Juan Uribe story: For 2005 ESPN Mag photo shoot, had White Sox dress up as Beatles in Sgt. Pepper's gear (don't remember why)

Matt Meyers @mtmeyers · Jul 26

Uribe was loving the Sgt. Pepper costume, strutting around. Teammate asks, "which Beatle are you?" He says, "who the hell are the Beatles?"

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
I guess getting to .500 would be first on the to do list.

It really is remarkable that they entered this road trip 42-50, and sonofab****, they might just come home 50-50 and in it for the duration.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
It really is remarkable that they entered this road trip 42-50, and sonofab****, they might just come home 50-50 and in it for the duration.

What they have done thus far on this road trip is impressive and surprising. I know Cleveland and Boston are bad, but winning 6 in a row on the road is no easy task. It's refreshing to see them swing the sticks like they have done this week. This team NEEDS to get to .500 sooner rather than later. When was the last time this team won 8 in a row?

One fact we need to remember as well from recent memory, this team won 6 straight back in May and proceeded to drop 7 of 8 to division rivals. Not to be negative here, but they can't afford a slip up like that anymore.

In regards to being buyers, I'm ok with this as long as it doesn't involve anyone from the our top 10 prospect list. I would hate for this organization to take a giant step backwards just to get into that 1 game wildcard round. I'm definitely intrigued by the notion of a major trade that can increase this teams chances for the rest of 2015, '16 and '17. I'm staying tuned as the deadline approaches!

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
I'm kinda worried about trading in an attempt just to compete for a one-game road trip.

If it's more about that AND adding for the 2016 team, then it would make more sense to buy now.

Interesting times.

But Sale would be starting that game. I like those odds.