Fox Lake Cop shot and killed

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/44073053-story

If this is true, I can admit I was wrong. Maybe I thought it was disrespectful to jump to the suicide conclusion so quick, but I was mistaken.

Nothing ever seemed to add up. It was really strange a week after he was killed they couldn't even determine cause of death. I wonder if a different coroner would have rubber stamped it. Too bad for his family. Just more pain.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 04:17 AM)
Nothing ever seemed to add up. It was really strange a week after he was killed they couldn't even determine cause of death. I wonder if a different coroner would have rubber stamped it. Too bad for his family. Just more pain.

Yeah, I am not sure how it took them this long to figure it out, unless the cop tried to frame someone else..

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
I heard two weeks ago the officer was also a runner in a gang. This was exposed and he killed himself. FBI involved due to the nature of corruption in the pd. Not sure that's out there but source was pretty credible.

That doesnt really fit the profile in my opinion. A depressed vet committing suicide because of PTSD does. Again ,this has all been so crazy nothing would surprise me at this point.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
That doesnt really fit the profile in my opinion. A depressed vet committing suicide because of PTSD does. Again ,this has all been so crazy nothing would surprise me at this point.

They are talking about embezzlement right now, so there is a lot more to this story.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
They are talking about embezzlement right now, so there is a lot more to this story.

ABC 7 Chicago ‏@ABC7Chicago 11m11 minutes ago

#FoxLake officer had experience staging scenes for training scenarios, authorities said http://abc7.ws/1KXAI9l

CBS News ‏@CBSNews 14m14 minutes ago

MORE: #FoxLake Lt. Joe Gliniewicz's death was a "carefully staged suicide," official says http://cbsn.ws/1MzcDHb

ABC 7 Chicago ‏@ABC7Chicago 15m15 minutes ago

"Suicide was the end result of extensive criminal acts," officers say in #FoxLake death

Ben Bradley ‏@BenBradleyABC7 17m17 minutes ago

FOX LAKE COP SUICIDE: "The investigation found Gliniewicz had been stealing and laundering money from the Fox Lake Police Explorer Post"

Very sorry for the family, this is a far more tragic outcome for them even prior to being amplified (I would imagine) by the public nature of this.

The resources dedicated to finding 3 imaginary suspects in the initial days were probably greater than what some small nations could have put up. 400 Cops from all over the state, some armed as if they were going to Syria, Helicopters, ATVs, Dogs, Submarines, Unicorns...why was this necessary? It would be nice if even a thousandth of that effort was put into murder investigations of victims who happened not to be police officers.

The resources dedicated to finding 3 imaginary suspects in the initial days were probably greater than what some small nations could have put up. 400 Cops from all over the state, some armed as if they were going to Syria, Helicopters, ATVs, Dogs, Submarines, Unicorns...why was this necessary? It would be nice if even a thousandth of that effort was put into murder investigations of victims who happened not to be police officers.

or8ggo.jpgvy8g21.jpg2h7hoo1.jpg

v3f8.jpg5whzro.jpg

You almost get the feeling that someone just felt like playing army because they could. This kind of response wasn't warranted even if there were 3 suspects.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
If he was using stolen money for personal reasons, I'm wondering if his wife was in on it.

It'll be interesting to see who the 2 individuals are that will be charged. The few texts released, he seems like a scumbag. :)

One text message read, "If she gets ahold of the old checking account, im pretty well f***ed," according to a release from officials.

In one of the texts, Gliniewicz and "Individual #2" discuss trying to get Marrin out of office, perhaps by arresting her for drunk driving, or worse. "Trust me ive thougit through MANY SCENARIOS from planting things to the volo bog," he wrote, referring to a local waterway that would be difficult to search.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:25 PM)
or8ggo.jpgvy8g21.jpg2h7hoo1.jpg

v3f8.jpg5whzro.jpg

You almost get the feeling that someone just felt like playing army because they could. This kind of response wasn't warranted even if there were 3 suspects.

I think the overreaction was due in part to the Texas shooting of the cop which I thought was just days prior.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
The overreaction also was because people thought three people who just killed a cop were on the loose and nobody knew anything about them except a general description and race

Wasn't that immediately debunked though? Like within days because they found the woman making the false report?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
The overreaction also was because people thought three people who just killed a cop were on the loose and nobody knew anything about them except a general description and race

Yeah I understand the initial reaction from everyone involved. What are the odds that its a corrupt police officer that carefully staged his own suicide when something crazy like that first happens? The conspiracy people who pop out when ANYTHING happens will always be there no matter what but this was such a freak situation.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Wasn't that immediately debunked though? Like within days because they found the woman making the false report?

The officer called in the description. I'm talking about the immediate reaction with the helicopters and extra cops and such, not the days following