Hawk only doing road games

flavum

It's time.

Hawk was one of the greats. He just isn't anymore. It's time to start phasing out, and it's a model that a lot of guys like him follow.

I, for one, am glad that it's starting to happen. I'd much rather it go this way then to have him continue to deteriorate while stubbornly holding the seat until he is run out or physically incapable.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Rongey? No real game experience, and they didn't give him a try this year, but his contract is up with the Score, so could be an option?

Who knows. I will say with the MLB package I listened to a lot of games with other broadcasters and as much as we hate Hawk at times, I will say when he is excited I get pretty excited. Some of the other broadcasts is kind of like listening to Farmer. Feels more like a golf game than baseball.

I have a feeling Stoney is gone. So it'll be interesting how it pans out. Maybe someone like an AJ would be good if he doesn't play next year?

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
Please...no rongey.

What's his deal? I heard him at the end of his show saturday (literally last two minutes) sounded like he was signing off for good. Thanking his parents for all the support, saying the show had a good run the last 10 years etc etc. He's definitely leaving something, but since I caught so little wasn't sure if it was 670 to the new station, the sox, or both.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
What's his deal? I heard him at the end of his show saturday (literally last two minutes) sounded like he was signing off for good. Thanking his parents for all the support, saying the show had a good run the last 10 years etc etc. He's definitely leaving something, but since I caught so little wasn't sure if it was 670 to the new station, the sox, or both.

The White Sox are leaving him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
Ugh terrible. Can't wait til people get what they wish for and we get f***ing Chuck Swirsky. Ugh

On no!! That's right we need a home replacement now. If Swirsky get the TV job for home games I won't be able to watch a game or listen on the radio. Oh well, maybe for the better.

This is dumb. If he doesn't want to do the home games, get rid of him. I mean these announcers aren't THAT good to do something bizarre like only road games. I love Hawk but this is too dumb. He's not that valuable. Whoever does the home games is more the "voice of the White Sox" anyway. It's the guy the fans see around, etc.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
Think they'd have Farmer do TV at home, and Rongey do radio?

That would be white sox-y.

I was thinking the same thing. I really liked Farmer and Stone together on the radio, sarcastic as hell with each other which to me was hilarious.

With all do respect to Hawk, I'm glad he's cutting it back or the Sox are cutting him back, whichever.

I think Hawk on a reduced basis will be good for everyone. I always say, I like Hawk, just too much of him gets on my nerves (especially when we were bad). Next question is who will he be in the booth with (isn't Stone's contract up...I presume he is gone). I wonder if we go with a 3 man booth and hire someone full time this year to eventually take over Hawk's full time gig (plus we need to bring the other person in). I'd have to think Brian Anderson would want the job (not sure if he's the guy we want).