Winter Meetings: Predictions

Boopa1219

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
He's connected to the Sox too.....

I'd love Upton. Always been a fan of him.

I'd prefer Heyward but also like Upton. Was always a fan of him and his brother. But if we are giving up a comp pick for someone I really wish it was Heyward. But I don't see either signing here

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
I'd prefer Heyward but also like Upton. Was always a fan of him and his brother. But if we are giving up a comp pick for someone I really wish it was Heyward. But I don't see either signing here

Probably 50 million reasons why Upton is a better contractual fit than Heyward. I agree that Heyward would be great on this team, but Upton does bring some much needed power, prime years, and could eventually be a DH.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 07:28 AM)
I would imagine that Dodgers would be looking at Quintana.

If I'm Rick Someone and the Dodgers won't pony up Seager then there's no deal

they prob did and the dodgers hung up after hahn asked for seager plus.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
You guys really struggle with the concept of no catch alls.

One could make the argument for the majority of the threads in PHT being catch-alls. Some are more obvious than others, but it's really just open to interpretation.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
Honestly though: Do you want an individual thread made for every free agent that signs?

This isn't at you, but I just don't see why people are so scared to make threads. Just do it. Thread creating isn't sacred. It's about the same effort as a reply. And this way, way more people see it and are more informed rather than hoping they wonder into the correct page of some 100 page catch all. The Soria thread probably got more replies already then it would buried somewhere. Just my .02.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
This isn't at you, but I just don't see why people are so scared to make threads. Just do it. Thread creating isn't sacred. It's about the same effort as a reply. And this way, way more people see it and are more informed rather than hoping they wonder into the correct page of some 100 page catch all. The Soria thread probably got more replies already then it would buried somewhere. Just my .02.

For sure. There is a Minter Meetings Day 1 thread though.

So, the Mariners pitching staff is awfully awful. They just traded for Miley from the Bosox, and are in on Adam Lind at 1b.

They seem to be going for it. I wonder if we would be trade partners at all. Do they have anything interesting beside Alex Jackson, whom I'm guessing would be untouchable for them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
So, the Mariners pitching staff is awfully awful. They just traded for Miley from the Bosox, and are in on Adam Lind at 1b.

They seem to be going for it. I wonder if we would be trade partners at all. Do they have anything interesting beside Alex Jackson, whom I'm guessing would be untouchable for them.

I'll just say that their bullpen got much worse...that was not a good trade