White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 12s12 seconds ago

Source on Brett Lawrie-to-White Sox rumors: "Not done." So there's that.

Oakland is probably just waiting for us to fold to their demands. If it's too much (and it must be if Hahn isn't agreeing) then as Lord Humungous says, just walk away

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get back on topic. The s*** has been flushed down the toilet and I don't want to see anymore of it prop back up in here. This conversation has nothing to do with Dunn anymore and focal point should be elsewhere. If people want to discuss Dunn and Thome, A, keep it professional, and B create a new thread to discuss it.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Oakland is probably just waiting for us to fold to their demands. If it's too much (and it must be if Hahn isn't agreeing) then as Lord Humungous says, just walk away

You can run! But you cant hide!

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
So, about that Brett Lawrie guy. Wonder if this is gonna get done, or we give up more for Frazier.

I don't think the White Sox will trade for Frazier. I don't think the price tag comes down low enough. Either they are trying to get something that will go with the Lawrie trade, or they are trying to lower the price tag. That is my opinion.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:07 PM)
I don't think the White Sox will trade for Frazier. I don't think the price tag comes down low enough. Either they are trying to get something that will go with the Lawrie trade, or they are trying to lower the price tag. That is my opinion.

I think it is more that 3B target A is Frazier and target B is Lawrie (could have been some other targets in between that have already been determined as off limits) and right now the Sox are wanting to make a decision so they can move forward with their next pieces and are holding out to see if target A is at all a possibility before finalizing deal B.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
My sources can confirm that the deal has not been completed. If/Once Ken Rosenthal breaks in, I will alert everyone.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m1 minute ago

Source: #Athletics still pondering options with Lawrie. No deal with #WhiteSox yet. Different scenarios in play.

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
Source: #Athletics still pondering options with Lawrie. No deal with #WhiteSox yet. Different scenarios in play. @ken_rosenthal

This is the A's now putting pressure on the Sox to close the deal (as they also want to move on and thus are going to tell Sox...put up or shut up..we have other offers and aren't going to keep waiting while you see if you can pull Frazier).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
Why do they call them the Winter Meetings when it isn't yet Winter.

And why is it called spring training when the vast majority of the training isn't in the Spring?

Back in the dark ages when most of the teams were in the northeast and central US, going to Florida to train before the season felt like Spring. :D

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
This is the A's now putting pressure on the Sox to close the deal (as they also want to move on and thus are going to tell Sox...put up or shut up..we have other offers and aren't going to keep waiting while you see if you can pull Frazier).

Or maybe now the Indians are back in on him after not getting Frazier?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
I've also gotten the vibe the Sox want to complete 2-3 deals in a row in the quick succession, which is obviously requires a lot of moving parts. You want to get it right, but at the same time, you wait long enough and teams move on.

It makes sense to me if they want to be "in", they want to get all of their ducks in a row before pulling them off.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
I've also gotten the vibe the Sox want to complete 2-3 deals in a row in the quick succession, which is obviously requires a lot of moving parts. You want to get it right, but at the same time, you wait long enough and teams move on.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
It makes sense to me if they want to be "in", they want to get all of their ducks in a row before pulling them off.

I could see this as well. Trade for Lawrie, trade LaRoche, sign Upton.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)

Maybe the plan is aggressively see if we can contend (i.e, can we pair together 2-3 moves quickly that make us contenders) and if that answer is no, we move to a plan B? Otherwise I don't get the sense for why you need to make them in coordination (unless of course the whole strategically is contingent on us truly being capable of making X moves and if we can't, then we truly have an alternative direction we'd take). That said, you can't wait too long if that really was what you'd do because the market of suitors would dry up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)

I'm hoping part of that is dealing LaRoche (even it means eating 6-7 million). If we can save even 7 million I'm sure it'll be used right away for another FA.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
Right, but like someone mentioned about, with salary restraints, there could be a ton of moving parts. OR, wanting to sign an OF to replace Avi while a deal is already in place to move Garcia is in some sort of bigger package, but you can't sign that OF unless they unload LaRoach, ect. ect.

Again, I just get that hunch they finally have a plan laid out on paper but haven't executed it yet.

All of what you say very much makes sense. I will quietly sit, back, relax and hunker down and hope the Sox front office finds a way to make the actual season entertaining this year.