Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

I think KW wanted to change the culture and some of the new guys brought in (Rollins Avila Navarro renteria Jackson) were brought in specifically to change aroubd the clubhouse. Some of those guys probably complained about laroche and drake. KW addressed it. I think the "bigger problem" that Sale is referring to is the "new guard" in the clubhouse. IIRC there were whispers that some of the old guys weren't thrilled with the "new leadership"

Know how to avoid getting stuck with "new leadership?" Win more than 76 games. If you didn't s*** all over the bed last year, most/all of the new guys aren't here this year.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
This organization can't function and be successful when it's players do not trust management. IMO KW needs to be fired.

Not really, the Jordan Bulls proven that. Talent trumps all. The Sox are going to win and lose this year based on their talent on the baseball field, not some stupid s***. In fact, I'm willing to be once this blows over it might even help them focus on the field.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)

Yea, because Adam Laroche isn't lying?

I can't stand KW but I'm not going to argue he's lying. We have NO WAY OF KNOWING!

The only facts we have are that Adam Larcoche had zero contractual language wrt to his son. That's it. Everything else is heresy.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Not really, the Jordan Bulls proven that. Talent trumps all. The Sox are going to win and lose this year based on their talent on the baseball field, not some stupid s***. In fact, I'm willing to be once this blows over it might even help them focus on the field.

This goes beyond a simple player/manager vs upper management argument. This is much different. When your team's ace calls you out on national media and says that you basically lied to the team about a sensitive issue like this, changes better be made.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf met with Adam LaRoche one on one yesterday. He also plans to meet with the players at some point

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/710916143373012992

Classic new White Sox fan excuse on that tweet. A guy now won't buy tickets because of Sale and Eaton. He was going to buy a lot of them too.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
Eaton on the Score tomorrow. Hope they cleared this and he makes good choices

He really better not comment on it at all. This needs to go away.

We are beginning to see "sources". KW told the coaches players complained. So someone has a coach for a source. KW told the players coaches complained. So someone has a player for a source. KW then said it was all JR. If LaRoche met one on one with JR and wrote what he wrote today, it seems like that would be a lie as well.

Sometimes in these jobs you have to bend the truth, but it is starting to look more and more like KW just decided the kid should not be there so did what he did.

Edited by Dick Allen

Borrowing from Occam's Razor where the simplest explanation is likely the most plausible, here is what probably happened:

Rick Hahn, the smartest man in the room, decided he would kill 2 birds with one stone. He set up Kenny to fall on the sword by playing on his emotions about players thinking he is weak. He also wanted LaRoche out of here and knew the only thing to send him packing would be the son angle. So Rick decided to go to Kenny and float "no player will say it but they don't like having Drake around" and "they wish you, Kenny, would step in but he don't think you have the guts to". Knowing Kenny would create a maelstrom and personalize the issue to himself...which now he can't revert back from, Rick will soon have full GM power and $13 million to spend on a championship roster.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
The only real item of substance from the statement from LaRoche is that he was asked to not bring Drake around at all. Someone is lying, and in a major way based on how this story has unfolded.

This is officially a disaster. At this point one of two things needs to happen. Kenny needs to resign, or they need to flat out state that LaRoche is lying, whichever is true.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
This is officially a disaster. At this point one of two things needs to happen. Kenny needs to resign, or they need to flat out state that LaRoche is lying, whichever is true.

You can't say LaRoche is lying IMO. You need to get your players to shut the hell up and wait for it to blow over. Do whatever has to be done within the organization to get the players calmed down, but most pressing is to get it out of the news.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Borrowing from Occam's Razor where the simplest explanation is likely the most plausible, here is what probably happened:

Rick Hahn, the smartest man in the room, decided he would kill 2 birds with one stone. He set up Kenny to fall on the sword by playing on his emotions about players thinking he is weak. He also wanted LaRoche out of here and knew the only thing to send him packing would be the son angle. So Rick decided to go to Kenny and float "no player will say it but they don't like having Drake around" and "they wish you, Kenny, would step in but he don't think you have the guts to". Knowing Kenny would create a maelstrom and personalize the issue to himself...which now he can't revert back from, Rick will soon have full GM power and $13 million to spend on a championship roster.

I don't think this is really the simplest explanation, but it is my favorite theory so far. Not because I think it is right but because I just love the idea of Rick Hahn setting up Kenny to take the fall.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)

:lol:

After a few warnings, I'm sure Kenny said something like, 'If you don't dial it back, he won't be allowed here at all." Then LaRoche takes that, and stretches the truth.

I'm so sick of LaRoche. Go away.

I don't think Kenny or the management staff come off good here either, but LaRoche is a dips*** that doesn't deserve one word of praise over this issue.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)
After a few warnings, I'm sure Kenny said something like, 'If you don't dial it back, he won't be allowed here at all." Then LaRoche takes that, and stretches the truth.

I'm so sick of LaRoche. Go away.

I don't think Kenny or the management staff come off good here either, but LaRoche is a dips*** that doesn't deserve one word of praise over this issue.

I think this is exactly what happened. In fact, I think a big issue was having his own locker. I can easily see a few of the newcomers looking around and thinking: "really?"

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
I think this is exactly what happened. In fact, I think a big issue was having his own locker. I can easily see a few of the newcomers looking around and thinking: "really?"

LaRoche didn't build the locker and sew a uniform.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)
He sounds a lot less crazy with the entire transcript.

I had those exact thoughts myself. And JR should bring some levity to the situation. If KW didn't run it by JR and blamed the owner, I'll be curious whether JR takes the bullet for KW or if KW is sent packing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
Maybe JR should have had these discussions before KW took action.

The question to me is whether KW and JR talked before this happened and who KW discussed things with. If he gets canned, it should be because he didn't run it by the right parties. If he doesn't get canned, it should be because he ran it by all the right parties and everyone was on board but they internally decided Kenny should be the one who ultimately took the heat and was the "bad" guy. No idea what actually happened.