2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
One thing about the Durant thing I've missed. Could Oklahoma City have paid him as much the next two years as GSW? My obvious guess is 'yes' with the new cap space, etc., but I was wondering.

I'm still very shocked about this. I'm trying to figure out what Durant was thinking in spurning OKC for GSW if money was the same basically. Durant and Westbrook should have won this year. So much for the "can't win in OKC argument." They simply blew that series. If they stayed healthy next year, it probably would have been OKC's turn.

Reading Durant's article he said he needed this personally to leave his comfort zone and go play somewhere else. Assuming he didn't just make that up and means it, I don't know what that means. True he's the mayor of OKC so to speak, but living in his skin isn't exactly "comfortable." His team choked in the playoffs and figured to be one of the favorites in the West next year.

All I can figure is he truly believes OKC didn't have the team to beat GSW and the Cavs anytime soon. It sure seems like this was a simple decision of picking Curry/Klay over Westbrook/Oladipo. That's not cool. I think OKC woulda won it next year. This decision means Durant didn't feel the same way.

There isn't much to think about. He decided to take the easy way out and join the team that would basically guarantee him a championship.

Is the Bulls interest in Dwayne Wade due to them thinking they can leverage Wade and Butler to land Westbrook or a real star? Or do they think he is a longer term piece? I have to presume it is for his recruiting pitching (and of course the fact that he's a solid player) but not the guy I want tying up cap space on unless we could get a real impact signing (Westbrook or some "star" equivalent).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 06:27 PM)
David West is the most pathetic player I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah, I don't think GS is going to have an issue filling out their roster with all the ring chasers out there.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 06:35 PM)
Is the Bulls interest in Dwayne Wade due to them thinking they can leverage Wade and Butler to land Westbrook or a real star? Or do they think he is a longer term piece? I have to presume it is for his recruiting pitching (and of course the fact that he's a solid player) but not the guy I want tying up cap space on unless we could get a real impact signing (Westbrook or some "star" equivalent).

It's that they legitimately think he can help them win a championship because they are idiots.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
Towards the end of his career and he wants to go play in Denver with.... who?

To make the most money on a team. That's never happened before. Don't see why it's pathetic for him to finally get more money then he's worth. What KD did was pretty pathetic, not this.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
To make the most money on a team. That's never happened before. Don't see why it's pathetic for him to finally get more money then he's worth. What KD did was pretty pathetic, not this.

Since when do big time NBA players go to s***ty teams just for money? KD went to what is now for sure the best NBA team not the Kings or Nuggets to get a huge pay day.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 12:28 AM)
There isn't much to think about. He decided to take the easy way out and join the team that would basically guarantee him a championship.

Aha. I just saw an article that quotes a Durant insider saying he grew frustrated with Westbrook and not having a guard pass to him when he's open. Too many contested shots. I had a feeling he might not have been thrilled with Russell.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 12:45 AM)
Since when do big time NBA players go to s***ty teams just for money? KD went to what is now for sure the best NBA team not the Kings or Nuggets to get a huge pay day.

Like Melo?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 12:45 AM)

We wouldn't really know since teams aren't allowed to actually offer much variety in terms of money offers

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Kill me

Sources on @TheVertical: So far, closest Wade has to a third-year on deal: Chicago w/ a partial guarantee. Denver, Miami offering two years.

I see us signing him and losing to Cleveland in the 2nd round and accomplishing nothing for our future. Ugh

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
I see us signing him and losing to Cleveland in the 2nd round and accomplishing nothing for our future. Ugh

Do they think that Wade can still attract another max player next summer?