Chris Sale scratched from start

Baron

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
Sale will never be a consistently great pitcher unless he learns how to control his emotions. It was pretty clear this year that once you got Sale out of his comfort zone, he'd get angry, overthrow, and get himself into trouble. His personality off the field reflects that too I guess.

Spring traing brought more of this out of him but i noticed this a couple years ago that he has issues. I really noticed in a game when viciedo was playing and a ball was hit to him in left field and he misplayed it and sale got pissed and started overthrowing and got into a jam.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
The dudes a hot head. that's been known well before this. He was probably scratched and went all redneck when he was told. It's not a big deal.

I'm just saying if I'm a GM about to give up one of the biggest packages in baseball history for a guy, I don't want any last second red flags that could cause me to question the deal.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
So you're on Kenny Williams side? The best pitcher in team history means nothing to you?

LMAO.

You know what they say when you assume things?

The team cant move forward if they have someone challenging them at every turn. They've let him get away with this s*** for far too long.

What really happened was a pre game meeting with Kenny Williams and Sale. Kenny told Sale that they had a trade package lined up that they couldn't refuse but also mentioned that JR wouldn't approve the deal.

Kenny then asked Sale if he considers him a dochebag - to which Sale replied, "yes - of course."

Kenny then told him to be a complete jack off, to get completely drunk, and to start ranting about how much better he is than, "Moan-a-catta". Told him to be sure to also eat a lot of itilian desert before getting drunk and requested projectile vomit all over Robin.

It went down exactly like this and JR is currently sitting with Kenny "reviewing" the trade offer again.

Case closed.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
They've let him throw a few temper tantrums with no repercussions. Just because he is good doesn't mean he can say whatever he wants to upper management and get it thrown around the internet making the whole team look bad.

I see it as the proper way to handle it. The first time he was probably told don't do it again or there will be a punishment. This is your one chance. He did it again and there was a punishment. He does it again the punishment escalates.

Edited by ptatc

Anyone who fails to see that Sale is a big baby has blinders over their eyes. I still like him, but the guy throws temper tantrums and it's a character flaw that might just be getting him booted out of here now.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 07:07 PM)
I'm just saying if I'm a GM about to give up one of the biggest packages in baseball history for a guy, I don't want any last second red flags that could cause me to question the deal.

Questioning a poorly run organization as a player is not necessarily a red flag.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 07:05 PM)
I'd totally be willing to trade him to Boston for a package centered around Moncada.

Huh??? You want to trade a top 5 pitcher in baseball for a package centered around a AA 2nd baseman who some project to be a DH in the majors. Time for your parents to take your computer away.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
The irony is if he had a verbal confrontation with management, KW is as big a headcase as Sale.

Exactly his ass should of been launched long ago, but we all know KW will survive this and still be here.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 04:11 PM)
Huh??? You want to trade a top 5 pitcher in baseball for a package centered around a AA 2nd baseman who some project to be a DH in the majors. Time for your parents to take your computer away.

Betts and Monacada. Bring it. Please God?

That would sure as hell be an OUCH to the Red Sox but I'd be stoked.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
Seems like this story sets the Sox up for leaking a narrative that Sale forced their hand

It does look like that doesn't it. They just had to trade him because he burned too many bridges in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
Seems like this story sets the Sox up for leaking a narrative that Sale forced their hand

All of which devalues Sale in the trade market.

This organization has the sorriest most "for the benefit of management" centered leadership I've ever seen.

Williams needed to go years ago.

Edited by GreenSox