President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillary's book where she writes about the debate where Trump appears to be stalking in back of her and he wasn't "impressed. Beleive me." She now says she was thinking "back up you creep" which is probably not true. But if she would have said it, I bet she would have won the election. It would have spun Trump so crazy, and people would have probably appreciated he stood up to him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
Hillary's book where she writes about the debate where Trump appears to be stalking in back of her and he wasn't "impressed. Beleive me." She now says she was thinking "back up you creep" which is probably not true. But if she would have said it, I bet she would have won the election. It would have spun Trump so crazy, and people would have probably appreciated he stood up to him.

I think its pretty clear at this point that there was no changing his base's mind.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
I think its pretty clear at this point that there was no changing his base's mind.

Man people really need to understand that Trump's base is his base. Hillary won the popular vote by over 3 million votes and lost the electorate. People just did not show up the polls to make sure Trump wasn't' elected. I guarantee you will see a bigger turnout in 2020, if he hasn't resigned by then.

With all that being said, the onus is still on Hillary for losing to such a weak opponent, she herself was so weak that she couldn't get people excited enough to go out and vote for her on election day, which is sad.

Trump definitely woke people up, which may be a good thing for the complacent people in this country.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
Man people really need to understand that Trump's base is his base. Hillary won the popular vote by over 3 million votes and lost the electorate. People just did not show up the polls to make sure Trump wasn't' elected. I guarantee you will see a bigger turnout in 2020, if he hasn't resigned by then.

With all that being said, the onus is still on Hillary for losing to such a weak opponent, she herself was so weak that she couldn't get people excited enough to go out and vote for her on election day, which is sad.

Trump definitely woke people up, which may be a good thing for the complacent people in this country.

Perfectly put. She also was an extremely flawed candidate from the beginning

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
Perfectly put. She also was an extremely flawed candidate from the beginning

Her biggest flaw was her name. If she was named Jackie Smith, or even Belinda FartKnocker, she would have won. But Hillary Clinton has such a negative connotation, it was the final nail in the coffin.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)
Her biggest flaw was her name. If she was named Jackie Smith, or even Belinda FartKnocker, she would have won. But Hillary Clinton has such a negative connotation, it was the final nail in the coffin.

You think so? I think finding out about her emails during the primary sunk her mostly. People underestimated the power of the progressive base that voted 3rd party or stayed home.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)

Totally agree with this. I had told many people probably 7 or 8 years ago that Hillary could never win. Too many people hate her, unfairly or not doesn't matter. Just as another Bush (Jeb) couldn't win.

The Republican Establishment Stands Behind Trump

Of 146 state party chairs and national committee members asked about President Trump's response to Charlottesville, only seven were critical.

In the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, The Atlantic reached out to 146 Republican state party chairs and national committee members for reaction to Trump’s handling of the events. We asked each official two questions: Are you satisfied with the president’s response? And do you approve of his comment that there were “some very fine people” who marched alongside the Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazis?

The vast majority refused to comment on the record, or simply met the questions with silence. Of the 146 GOP officials contacted, just 22 offered full responses—and only seven expressed any kind of criticism or disagreement with Trump’s handling of the episode. (Those seven GOP leaders represent New Mexico, Texas, Virginia, North Dakota, Alaska, Massachusetts, and North Carolina.) The rest came to the president’s defense, either with statements of support or attempts at justification.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)

If her name was Jackie Smith, she also probably wouldn't have won. That name carried a lot of built in electorate especially in the southern primaries.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
If her name was Jackie Smith, she also probably wouldn't have won. That name carried a lot of built in electorate especially in the southern primaries.

She would have never won the Democratic Primary without those advantages.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 05:52 PM)
It's probably not the smartest idea to put a former cult member and someone who was charged with conspiracy to commit murder twenty feet behind the President.

I didn't understand this post.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 11:43 PM)
I didn't understand this post.

Did you read the article, greg?

The presence of Michael the Black Man - variously known as Michael Symonette, Maurice Woodside and Mikael Israel - has inspired not only trending Twitter hashtags but a great deal of curiosity and Google searches. Internet sleuths find the man’s bizarre URL, a easily-accessible gateway to his strange and checkered past.

The radical fringe activist from Miami once belonged to a violent black supremacist religious cult and he runs a handful of amateur, unintelligible conspiracy websites. He has called Barack Obama ‘‘The Beast’’ and Hillary Clinton a Ku Klux Klan member. Oprah, he says, is the devil.

Most curiously, in the 1990s, he was charged, then acquitted, with conspiracy to commit two murders.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 12:19 PM)
Was he the only black person besides those in Trump's traveling party there? Amazing he got to sit right in back and in the camera.

I'm not surprised, Trump wants to push the POC like me agenda.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)
Banner day for Trump. Issued the full transgendered ban and he pardoned Joe Arpaio, the Arizona sheriff who had been held in contempt of court for violating orders to stop illegally targeting immigrants.

He also tweeted that congress is blocking laws from getting passed and then bragged about passing laws

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 09:00 PM)
Banner day for Trump. Issued the full transgendered ban and he pardoned Joe Arpaio, the Arizona sheriff who had been held in contempt of court for violating orders to stop illegally targeting immigrants.

The Party of Law and Order has also lost that claim.