2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 11:39 AM)
Lot of rumors that Jackson of Kansas may be there choice instead of Fultz. If so, George would't happen but Hayward might.

My guess is chatter to see if someone offers to move up. I'd bet a lot on them taking Fultz.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:08 PM)
I could understand the Lakers going Jackson instead of Lonzo but taking him over Fultz would be a huge mistake. I don't see the C's making that mistake.

They're not. The Celtics have been fawning over Fultz all year according to the vertical podcast. He was the consensus number 1 before they even got the pick. He's going #1 barring something crazy happening.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 10:20 AM)
They're not. The Celtics have been fawning over Fultz all year according to the vertical podcast. He was the consensus number 1 before they even got the pick. He's going #1 barring something crazy happening.

I think everything is to some extent talk and I still think Celtics trade the pick.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @ESPNSteinLine 2m2 minutes ago

More

League sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me that the Sixers and Celtics are in serious talks on a trade involving the No. 1 overall pick.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @ESPNSteinLine 24s25 seconds ago

More

One possibility, per league sources to @ESPN, is a package of a draft picks from Boston, including No. 3 overall , to the Sixers for No. 1

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 31s32 seconds ago

More

Sources: Philadelphia is waiting on medical information on Markelle Fultz, but deep into talks on acquiring Boston's No. 1 overall pick.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 5s5 seconds ago

More

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Boston would acquire Sixers No. 3 overall pick in 2017 and package to include future first from Sixers, sources say.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 13s13 seconds ago

More

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Deal talks are far enough along that Fultz could be on his way to Philadelphia for a meeting Saturday, sources say.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 04:47 PM)
Yeah, they probably want to give him a physical to make sure he is already hurt.

And Philly will give up a future 1st or swap so the Celts will have Brooklyn & Philly's #1 next year

Then trade 1 pick for George and the other for Butler. Boomshakalaka

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 05:32 PM)
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/draymond-gre...-210600339.html

LeBron and Draymond Twitter war more entertaining than some of the games...

Funny thing is no matter what the Warriors did to the Cavs this year, it was expected and doesn't over shadow their choke job last year to the same team.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
Funny thing is no matter what the Warriors did to the Cavs this year, it was expected and doesn't over shadow their choke job last year to the same team.

Still think the Curry injury and Green suspension were the deciding factors...with all that, Cavs needed superhuman plats the final couple of minutes to pull Game 7 out.

I guess it was more shocking than Cubs' comeback from a similar position. Most don't argue the Indians choked, but that the Cubs simply best them with talent.

Who says no?

Chicago receives: Rafael Devers, Jason Groome, Blake Swihart, Jaylen Brown, 2017 #3 overall NBA Draft selection, 2018 1st Round NBA Draft selection (via Lakers)

Boston receives: Jimmy Butler, Jose Quintana, Todd Frazier, 2023 2nd Round NBA Draft selection

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 11:11 PM)
Who says no?

Chicago receives: Rafael Devers, Jason Groome, Blake Swihart, Jaylen Brown, 2017 #3 overall NBA Draft selection, 2018 1st Round NBA Draft selection (via Lakers)

Boston receives: Jimmy Butler, Jose Quintana, Todd Frazier, 2023 2nd Round NBA Draft selection

Caulfield, that you?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
Damn, so the trade actually happened. Don't know much about Fultz outside of draft express highlights.

He's really good, but it is weird how bad Washington was with a #1 draft pick. Way worse than Simmons LSU team, though LSU did have more talent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 09:15 AM)
He's really good, but it is weird how bad Washington was with a #1 draft pick. Way worse than Simmons LSU team, though LSU did have more talent.

His nba comp is westbrook. I know, I know. Nuts until he proves himself. The Sixers obviously believe in this kid. We shall see. I've given up on Embiid ever staying healthy. Simmons, Saric and Fultz could be deadly good 3 years from now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
His nba comp is westbrook. I know, I know. Nuts until he proves himself. The Sixers obviously believe in this kid. We shall see. I've given up on Embiid ever staying healthy. Simmons, Saric and Fultz could be deadly good 3 years from now.

Counterpoint: NBA comps are always terrible.