2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 10:22 AM)
IIRC the Bears were up 14-6 AND Vinatieri missed a FG, which never happens in the playoffs, yet from there the “great defense” stopped tackling. I felt like they missed one tackle on every run play. Grossman didn’t play well, but the defense was awful

That defense couldn't slow the run down. Almost as if they were missing their key DT and their #1 tackling safety. Those injuries really were key.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
Must watch TV - His 19 return TDs with the Bears

Man, he was awesome. Several things I was reminded of:

1) I love the all white away uniforms. I wish they'd wear those more often.

2) Hester probably had another 10-15 returns that were TDs if he beat one more guy or didn't step out of bounds.

3) The special teams blocking was so good.

4) One of my pet peeves is the guy or guys who run along side a returner and don't look to block anyone. So many times a guy would score if players looked for someone to block.

As the great Lou Tepper said, the punt return is the most exciting play in football.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 11:43 PM)
2) Hester probably had another 10-15 returns that were TDs if he beat one more guy or didn't step out of bounds.

That's not even counting the penalties (holding, block in the back, etc) that cost him TD's either. His return numbers would look even more insane.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 17, 2017 -> 06:25 PM)
A RB can leap over line of scrimmage, reach the ball across the goal, have it knocked away, but still be a TD cuz he had control as it broke the plane. How was that diff besides James not being a RB?

That is exactly what I was thinking.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 17, 2017 -> 06:20 PM)
NFL continues to be a laughing joke. What in the world is a catch

Meanwhile, in the Panthers game, the receivers left ass cheek hit the ground a split second before his right cheek and they found that enough to overturn a call for a touchdown.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 17, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
Meanwhile, in the Panthers game, the receivers left ass cheek hit the ground a split second before his right cheek and they found that enough to overturn a call for a touchdown.

Riveron has to go. He has made some dreadful calls this season

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 17, 2017 -> 06:22 PM)
That was disgusting. Even the announcers couldn't figure out what was wrong for like 9 reviews, and it decides home field in the AFC.

The fact that it took the replay officials five minutes to make the call tells me there was not disputable evidence. They were looking for a way to call the pass incomplete. Just awful.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2017 -> 08:15 PM)
Riveron has to go. He has made some dreadful calls this season

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nfl-steele...-replay-riveron

The best part is that in his explanation video, he starts out by saying "As we can see here, Roethlisberger completes a pass to James".

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
I really don't get the controversy over this one. I didn't think it was a catch as soon as I saw the replay.

By the rule it wasn't a catch, but as they noted above if a running back was handed the ball and does the exact same thing then it's a touchdown, that makes it hard to buy the text of the rule.