September Call Ups

ChiSox59

I would call up Machi. He's performed well lately and see if he's worth a minor league deal.

Would prefer peter up over guys like Peterson/Gillaspie. Need to prioritize time for Davidson/Delmonico, if it was me, and peter has more versatility there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
They brought Fulmer back up, I wonder if they'll let him be the 6th starter or start conditioning him for bullpen work.

I think they'll stick with Lopez, Rodon, Giolito, Shields, Holland

They'll have plenty of opportunities for quick hooks and put in Fulmer, Holmberg, Danish, Pelfrey, Covey.

Garbage time has begun.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)
I am confused. Why did they put Leury on the DL? Rosters have expanded. Maybe there is no way he can play in 10 days, but isn't it pretty unnecessary?

I thought the same thing. Maybe there's some technical service time thing involved that they have to do it. A few weird things have popped up with the new CBA. Maybe this is one of them.

Is Rymer Liriano an intriguing prospect or a stiff? I've been reading on him. Was supposed to be a base stealing machine. Was a top Padre prospect. But hurt his arm. Out forever. Hit in face. Our forever.

What an unforgiving game is baseball. A guy compared to Puig (I read it) who is about out of chances. Anybody high on Liriano at all?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 4, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)
Interesting choice. The lefty reliever showed improvement in AA although he walked a few too many. Most likely will be used as a situational lefty.

He was a prime Rule 5 candidate, so might as well add him to the 40 man now and get a look at him against big league hitters.