8/21/2017 Twins @ White Sox

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 07:35 PM)
Did anyone see that shot of Holland in the dugout? Talk about a guy that looks defeated/depressed...almost feel sorry for the guy (almost)

He is happy on the 15th and the 30th every month

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 01:50 AM)
Good lord. Why did so many people want a rebuild if they can't handle a few months of bad play from a rookie?

To be fair, a lot thought he was supposed to be can't miss and ignored the red flags he showed in AAA this year. I keep saying Eloy is the one with MVP potential and Moncada can be an All Star if it goes right

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 05:50 PM)
Good lord. Why did so many people want a rebuild if they can't handle a few months of bad play from a rookie?

I think it's fair to criticize if it's fair to praise him. Criticism for poor play even from a rookie in a rebuild is going to happen. Best you can do is make a folder and store those posts in it and recall them later when it turns out you are right or to destroy if you are wrong.

I get the feeling their is at least 1 poster who does this who shall not be named.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)

All top prospects acquired for Sale/Q/Eaton must be instant stars or the trade was a failure and they shoulda just kept that core and "went for it" again.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 01:56 AM)
I think it's fair to criticize if it's fair to praise him. Criticism for poor play even from a rookie in a rebuild is going to happen. Best you can do is make a folder and store those posts in it and recall them later when it turns out you are right or to destroy if you are wrong.

I get the feeling their is at least 1 poster who does this who shall not be named.

I am despised for my takes but even I do not judge Moncada on these meaningless early games in his career. He passes the eye test folks. He'll be a stud. Trust greg.

I judge Hall of Fame candidacies from age 23-37, because under that, they're super young and generally struggle...and after 37, players are on the way out. So next year is Moncada's age 23 season. Just take the good with the bad for now. Judge him next year when he shows up to spring training with a job and plays 155 games.