UPDATE: Volstad called up, Infante reassigned to AAA

bmags

QUOTE (glangon @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:51 AM)
I don't think he is major league material either. We are in a rebuild mode though, bringing him up could flick a switch for him. Who knows? The great spring could turn him into a few good innings as a reliever. He can't be worse than some of the donkeys we've had in the pen so far this year.

I guess I view any time spent with Cooper to be valuable, so I’d much rather roll the dice on guys with big stuff but poor command or developing secondary offerings that have a chance of filling a long-term role in the bullpen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 02:26 PM)
Vieira, Rondon (already up), Stephens, Guerrero...even Adams and Fry will get shots before Volstad.

If they go with vets, it will be Gomez or Ross, Jr., first.

If he was ever going to make it, it was coming out of ST this year.

Vieira may make sense as he is already on the 40 man. They may decide that he needs more time in AAA before promoting him.

Guerrero and Fry are lefties (Fry is on the DL), I reckon we'd see Ross Jnr first if it was a lefty. We are already carrying 3 lefties in the pen, I can't see us carrying a fourth.

Adams has never been above Birmingham, I suspect they want to see what he is like as a starter before exposing him to the pen, we are more likely to see him July onwards, after trades have been made.

Stephens hasn't been above Birmingham, I suspect they want to see how he does in Charlotte before promoting him.

Volstad may be in their minds because of his strong spring.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:17 AM)
I guess I view any time spent with Cooper to be valuable, so I’d much rather roll the dice on guys with big stuff but poor command or developing secondary offerings that have a chance of filling a long-term role in the bullpen.

He isn’t some up-and-coming, developing guy. He’s filler. Every team needs guys like him, but any time he spends with Cooper is time taken away from guys who may be part of the team’s future.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:01 AM)
He isn’t some up-and-coming, developing guy. He’s filler. Every team needs guys like him, but any time he spends with Cooper is time taken away from guys who may be part of the team’s future.

That's my point. I want Cooper spending time with guys like Rondon & Vieira and not organizational filler like Volstad.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:26 AM)
Vieira, Rondon (already up), Stephens, Guerrero...even Adams and Fry will get shots before Volstad.

I HIGHLY doubt they're going to go with 4 lefties in the pen (Ross).

It is Vieira or Gomez, I suspect.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:43 AM)
Chicago White Sox

Verified account

@whitesox

Following Following @whitesox

More

#WhiteSox purchase contract of Chris Volstad from Class AAA Charlotte; Transfer Carlos Rodón to 60-day disabled list:

I was close in another thread but I did say they could do this to add someone not on the 40.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:26 AM)

If he was ever going to make it, it was coming out of ST this year.

Get rid of your "inside source"...............................