Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

3 minutes ago, Sockin said:

On Monday he claimed to have inside info and said the Sox are Manny's first choice and that he'd be staying in Chicago until he had to go to NYC for his meeting. Said that MM was ready to sign with the Sox on Monday. 

Oh ok, I knew the Chili stuff but didnt know he had a new persona lol

1 hour ago, cjgalloway said:

For how good they are it shouldn't matter if they are a little into themselves.. Neither of these guys seem to be bad teammates. 

On Monday Kaplan said that the Sox won't be outbid for one or the other and that while both guys are fine "in the room," Machado is better.

Just now, daggins said:

Nobody has any sources and everyone is just guessing. 

I don't know there is certain amount of stuff that I think it true. For example the NYY leaks about how they won't go 300 million for Machado that is designed to keep fan expectations in check.

The Nationals leak of the offer to Harper to set a market and show they gave an effort to resign him. The legit guys not random eggs on twitter still get a ton of stuff wrong but if you can sort of figure out the purpose of the leak you can sort of figure out how much validity it has.

2 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I don't know there is certain amount of stuff that I think it true. For example the NYY leaks about how they won't go 300 million for Machado that is designed to keep fan expectations in check.

The Nationals leak of the offer to Harper to set a market and show they gave an effort to resign him. The legit guys not random eggs on twitter still get a ton of stuff wrong but if you can sort of figure out the purpose of the leak you can sort of figure out how much validity it has.

Maybe the Yankees offer $330M to Machado we don't know.

• Quin locked this topic