Jump to content
yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is true. the reason the Sox weren't able to create sustained success from 2000-2012 was because JR would rob Peter(drafting/development/scouting) to pay Paul(The MLB club) 

KW offered A-Rod 8/196 in January 2001. They aren't afraid to spend for the right guy. The issue is that they always have just enough restraint in contract offers to finish 2nd

I'm not concerned about the Sox making a decent offer, I'm concerned that Machado and Harper have no desire to play here. They'll only sign here if it is their only option. 

Sounds like another team JR owns. Always finishing second is a bit strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Sounds like another team JR owns. Always finishing second is a bit strange. 

The bulls problem is more about cold weather cities in basketball and the Jordan hangover. For a while players didnt like how Jordan and pippen were treated. Then they didnt want to pay on a team in which Jordan would always be the biggest bull ever and not them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not concerned about the Sox making a decent offer, I'm concerned that Machado and Harper have no desire to play here. They'll only sign here if it is their only option. 

And this is you once again being completely irrational.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The bulls problem is more about cold weather cities in basketball and the Jordan hangover. For a while players didnt like how Jordan and pippen were treated. Then they didnt want to pay on a team in which Jordan would always be the biggest bull ever and not them. 

The Bulls also fail at trading for stars too.

Why did the Knicks get Melo, Amare?

Boston got KG, Allen, Kyrie, Hayward.

The Raptors got Leonard

The Pistons got Blake

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The Bulls also fail at trading for stars too.

Why did the Knicks get Melo, Amare?

Boston got KG, Allen, Kyrie, Hayward.

The Raptors got Leonard

The Pistons got Blake

 

Well, Boston traded for them.

Basketball is a salary capped sport. Jerry doesnt go into luxury tax without having a chance at a title but hes not exactly cheap either there. He definitely operates that like a business though more than the sox.

Trading... idk what you mean? What big stars did they try to trade for? The Knicks got melo because hes from New York and lives there?? Seems different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And this is you once again being completely irrational.

w/e. We'll see. I actually think the Sox have the best offer for Machado and he's waiting for someone else to beat it. 

How come you guys don't give Fathom as much shit as you give me? Serious question. He's more of an Eeyore than I am. At least be an equal opportunity roaster. LOL. 

You guys all roasted me for saying that it would last until ST, and guess who was correct there? 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

w/e. We'll see. I actually think the Sox have the best offer for Machado and he's waiting for someone else to beat it. 

Having the best offer doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to come here when it’s 100 million less than he was hoping for. 

We had this with JD Martinez literally 12 months ago. 

Edited by mqr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The Bulls also fail at trading for stars too.

Why did the Knicks get Melo, Amare?

Boston got KG, Allen, Kyrie, Hayward.

The Raptors got Leonard

The Pistons got Blake

 

The Bulls probably would've won a championship at some point if DRose didn't get hurt. Damn I'm sad now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

The Bulls probably would've won a championship at some point if DRose didn't get hurt. Damn I'm sad now.

No way, they never would've gotten by LeBron.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mqr said:

Having the best offer doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to come here when it’s 100 million less than he was hoping for. 

We had this with JD Martinez literally 12 months ago. 

I don't disagree here, but there is a huge difference between a 32 year old DH and a 26 year old GG 3B, who is a great hitter as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

w/e. We'll see. I actually think the Sox have the best offer for Machado and he's waiting for someone else to beat it. 

How come you guys don't give Fathom as much shit as you give me? Serious question. He's more of an Eeyore than I am. At least be an equal opportunity roaster. LOL. 

You guys all roasted me for saying that it would last until ST, and guess who was correct there? 

Fathom has been pretty optimistic as of late.  You continue to assume the worse all the time.  Saying Manny or Bryce will only sign here if it’s their only option is ridiculous and not based on any sort of logic or reason.  Money was always going to be the primary driver for these guys, but if it comes down to other factors I’d argue the Sox offer the most compelling package.  The Phillies & Padres aren’t exactly desirable teams no matter how your try spinning it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fathom has been pretty optimistic as of late.  You continue to assume the worse all the time.  Saying Manny or Bryce will only sign here if it’s their only option is ridiculous and not based on any sort of logic or reason.  Money was always going to be the primary driver for these guys, but if it comes down to other factors I’d argue the Sox offer the most compelling package.  The Phillies & Padres aren’t exactly desirable teams no matter how your try spinning it.

It is based on the following logic: There is about as little national exposure as you can get in baseball playing for the Sox. The Rays probably get more exposure because they play Boston and the Yankees 38 times per year. They have their own "moneyball" thing going on. The A's get more exposure because of Beane and what he did /does there. I can't think of a team that is more forgotten nationally, even when playing well than the White Sox. 

The Padres have more/better talent, and the Phillies are closer to winning. There are legit baseball reasons why both teams are better options than the Sox. Take off the silver and black goggles. Can you put yourself in the shoes of a neutral fan? 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It is based on the following logic: There is about as little national exposure as you can get in baseball playing for the Sox. The Rays probably get more exposure because they play Boston and the Yankees 38 times per year. They have their own "moneyball" thing going on. The A's get more exposure because of Beane and what he did /does there. I can't think of a team that is more forgotten nationally, even when playing well than the White Sox. 

This post is simply pathetic and I’m done trying to knock you back to reality.  If you want to live your life in a little Negative Nancy bubble go for it.  Just do us all a favor and stick to your self-created pessimism thread.  You’re honestly becoming a Greg like character and the sad part is I know you’re better than that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It is based on the following logic: There is about as little national exposure as you can get in baseball playing for the Sox. The Rays probably get more exposure because they play Boston and the Yankees 38 times per year. They have their own "moneyball" thing going on. The A's get more exposure because of Beane and what he did /does there. I can't think of a team that is more forgotten nationally, even when playing well than the White Sox. 

The Padres have more/better talent, and the Phillies are closer to winning. There are legit baseball reasons why both teams are better options than the Sox. Take off the silver and black goggles. Can you put yourself in the shoes of a neutral fan? 

The White Sox have graduated 4 top prospects in the last year - Kopech, Moncada, Gio, Lopez. The Padres have not; so I'm not sure how the Padres have more/better talent. They just have talent that we haven't seen at the big league level yet. They have more top 100 prospects because they haven't graduated any of them. The Sox have more prospects between 100-125. There isn't much difference between 125 and 95 in expected outcomes.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The White Sox have graduated 4 top prospects in the last year - Kopech, Moncada, Gio, Lopez. The Padres have not; so I'm not sure how the Padres have more/better talent. They just have talent that we haven't seen at the big league level yet. They have more top 100 prospects because they haven't graduated any of them. 

Kopech hasn't graduated yet. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on Jacks post, the White Sox are the worst franchise to play for in all of baseball which is clearly absurd. 

A guy with Jack Parkman as his name is calling the White Sox the least known/recognized team nationally... I know it's not the 90's anymore, and the Sox aren't in pop culture as much as they were, but my goodness Jack back off the ledge.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Kopech hasn't graduated yet. 

You are correct. The White Sox have a ton of depth in the minor leagues, and a lot of potential movers this year - like a Steele Walker, or a Sheets, Luis Gonzalez, Burger, micker and etc that weren't on that fangraphs list. Burdi is 17th on their list and if he comes back healthy, he could easily be the best RP prospect in baseball.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry but on no planet do the white Sox provide less exposure than the Padres

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Based on Jacks post, the White Sox are the worst franchise to play for in all of baseball which is clearly absurd. 

A guy with Jack Parkman as his name is calling the White Sox the least known/recognized team nationally... I know it's not the 90's anymore, and the Sox aren't in pop culture as much as they were, but my goodness Jack back off the ledge.

They might not be the worst, but definitely bottom 5. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

No way, they never would've gotten by LeBron.

That 62 win team was that good though....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mqr said:

I’m sorry but on no planet do the white Sox provide less exposure than the Padres

The White Sox are in the 3rd biggest market in the country; of course they wouldn't provide less exposure than the Padres, Rays and A's as Jack is stating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mqr said:

I’m sorry but on no planet do the white Sox provide less exposure than the Padres

That MIGHT be the one team you have an argument for. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×