yesterday333

Manny: All Quiet on the Rumor Front

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

The longer this drags on, the more I believe that the White Sox are being used as pawns by both Harper and Machado’s camp. 

Move never felt like we’ll get Harper, but I’ve been optimistic about Machado. Really feels like we’re being used to drive up offers though.

From who?

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Nope. He basically just said they are waiting. 

Which makes sense.  Once they agree on high level figures the rest will come fast.  

Did your guy mention anything about our interest in Harper and whether or not we’d still pursue if we landed Manny?

3 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

The longer this drags on, the more I believe that the White Sox are being used as pawns by both Harper and Machado’s camp. 

Move never felt like we’ll get Harper, but I’ve been optimistic about Machado. Really feels like we’re being used to drive up offers though.

I don't think its that i think its just clear that the Sox aren't their 1st choice 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which makes sense.  Once they agree on high level figures the rest will come fast.  

Did your guy mention anything about our interest in Harper and whether or not we’d still pursue if we landed Manny?

Nope. He's never said a word about Harper, nor have I asked. So I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

This seems to support mbs1969 that saying “frustrated” or “frustrating” is the new company line...all the way up from Hahn to NotHahn

Edited by heirdog
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, heirdog said:

This seems to support mbs1969 that saying “frustrated” or “frustrating” is the new company line...all the way up from Hahn to NotHahn

I'm not reading this as Hahn being frustrated with message board shit.  Hes probably pissed about sports writers putting shit out like "Sox wont go over 7 years", and "Sox arent willing to come anywhere near 300m for either guy"

• Like 4

Wonder what Rick thinks of people who are known for taking stabs at breaking news coming to a message board and lampooning others for taking stabs at breaking news?

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Phillies.

I just don’t see how the Phillies are more attractive than us.  They are slightly ahead of us in their rebuild, but they have much fewer reinforcements and are in a much tough division.  Plus Chicago during the summer is actually awesome while Philadelphia pretty much sucks year round.  All else being equal, I think he picks us, especially now that we have two of his buddies.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I'm not reading this as Hahn being frustrated with message board shit.  Hes probably pissed about sports writers putting shit out like "Sox wont go over 7 years", and "Sox arent willing to come anywhere near 300m for either guy"

Sox we’re tied to Mike Moustakas this week lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just don’t see how the Phillies are more attractive than us.  They are slightly ahead of us in their rebuild, but they have much fewer reinforcements and are in a much tough division.  Plus Chicago during the summer is actually awesome while Philadelphia pretty much sucks year round.  All else being equal, I think he picks us, especially now that we have two of his buddies.

Might offer more money. 

9 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Might offer more money. 

Yeah, but he was implying Machado doesn’t want to be here and we’re simply being used for leverage.

While we sit here and b**** and moan and pine for a reason to love this team even more, let's look on the bright side...

We're not the Bulls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

While we sit here and b**** and moan and pine for a reason to love this team even more, let's look on the bright side...

We're not the Bulls.

We're still a Jerry Reinsdorf owned team and that's bad enough lol

Edited by soxfan2014

20 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Sox we’re tied to Mike Moustakas this week lol 

Rabbit, the tweet you had about if the Yankees are truly out. You mentioned you would be surprised if it doesn't happen by Wednesday. If it draws on past that point, does it signal the Sox are maybe being used to raise an offer elsewhere? Or that the Sox have a good enough offer and he wants to wait as long as possible for a higher offer?

9 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

We're not the Bulls.

They pretty much are though if you think about it. The Sox are the Bulls if there were another, more popular NBA team in town, that actually won games. The Sox FO is not quite as bad as the Bulls, but it is close. Just like GarPax should have been fired when they failed, Hahn and KW should have been fired in 2016. Both have been around for the better part of this century. (KW has been at least the GM since 2000, Paxon since 2003.) KW/Hahn=GarPax and you can't convince me otherwise. Hahn has been asst. GM since before the Sox won the WS. 

Both pairs of FO members should have been fired years ago, but I digress. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

My sources tell me that Davidson is going to sogn with the Rays

Posted 7 minutes after Rosenthal. Was he your source? 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They pretty much are though if you think about it. The Sox are the Bulls if there were another, more popular NBA team in town, that actually won games. The Sox FO is not quite as bad as the Bulls, but it is close. Just like GarPax should have been fired when they failed, Hahn and KW should have been fired in 2016. Both have been around for the better part of this century. (KW has been at least the GM since 2000, Paxon since 2003.) KW/Hahn=GarPax and you can't convince me otherwise. Hahn has been asst. GM since before the Sox won the WS. 

Both pairs of FO members should have been fired years ago, but I digress. 

I think his point was that the Sox seemingly have a bright future, where the Bulls ado not.

3 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I think his point was that the Sox seemingly have a bright future, where the Bulls ado not.

Maybe. A lot of the Sox hopes ride on Moncada, Jimenez, Robert,  Kopech and Cease. If those guys don't live up to expectations, or 4/5 don't, they could be in trouble, and right back where they started: a 78 win team of stars/scrubs, but without the team friendly contracts to bail them out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Maybe. A lot of the Sox hopes ride on Moncada, Jimenez, Robert,  Kopech and Cease. If those guys don't live up to expectations, or 4 don't, they could be in trouble. 

They could for sure. But when the moves were made, they mostly looked good. Garpax dont do anything that looks good on the surface :)