3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Never seen Jones throw so slow. This pitching group is a disaster.

Is there something they're doing since Herm Schneider retired that is causing every pitcher to have a significant velocity drop? Serious question. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Thought the bullpen was going to be a strength? These guys blow

Another really puzzling viewpoint from the offseason I never understood. Herrera’s clearly fading and Jones can’t be counted on.  Colome should be solid but still a bunch of mediocrity.

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

Might be time to end the Jones experiment. His body failed him his entire career,  and I think there has just been too much damage for him to be what he once was.

I was surprised they picked up his option this past offseason. 

Is KC already farther along in their rebuild than the Sox? Merrifield and Mondesi both look like players who are gonna be putting up 5 plus WAR for the next 7-8 years. Keller is only 22 and looks better than anyone in the Sox organization right now. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Is there something they're doing since Herm Schneider retired that is causing every pitcher to have a significant velocity drop? Serious question. 

Jack it's not even April. Chris sale was throwing 92 his first start. Is he finished? Velocity can be down early in the season for a lot of reasons, weather being one.

Jones velocity has been depleted by about 200 injuries.

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Is KC already farther along in their rebuild than the Sox? Merrifield and Mondesi both look like players who are gonna be putting up 5 plus WAR for the next 7-8 years. Keller is only 22 and looks better than anyone in the Sox organization right now. 

Merrifield is like 28 already

Just now, OneDog847 said:

No but they are much better at developing talent than the Sox (who isn’t).  I do like their top two hitters though.

4 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Merrifield is 30 dude. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/merriwh01.shtml

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2