Jump to content
Buehrle>Wood

Cubs thread 2k19

Recommended Posts

Something that would make the 2019 baseball easier to stomach is a complete implosion by the Cubs, that results in them cleaning house. It would be high comedy. Theo is fucking up, and it is simultaneously hilarious and wonderful. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase, lol. Eloy settling down and winning ROY would be great to stick it up their asses. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Something that would make the 2019 baseball easier to stomach is a complete implosion by the Cubs, that results in them cleaning house. It would be high comedy. Theo is fucking up, and it is simultaneously hilarious and wonderful. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase, lol. Eloy settling down and winning ROY would be great to stick it up their asses. 

Theo - great rebuilder, not great at sustaining further. Hes so bad in free agency dating back to his Boston days. 

This happened in Boston too. Good run and then a complete collapse led by horrible free agent signings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Theo - great rebuilder, not great at sustaining further. Hes so bad in free agency dating back to his Boston days. 

This happened in Boston too. Good run and then a complete collapse led by horrible free agent signings. 

Yup. I remember how he messed everything up in Boston by signing Crawford, Gonzalez and others. Those guys are incredibly lucky they got bailed out of those contracts by the Dodgers. If LA wasn't stupid they never win in 2013 and probably don't last year either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Free agency is a myth

I don't believe this covers any of his free agent years since he came up last year but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't believe this covers any of his free agent years since he came up last year but I could be wrong.

2 option years on the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who is a Cubs fan that has been trying to get a rise out of me all offseason.

If this keeps up, this is gonna be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure when distance from contention is included, that any team had a worse off season than the Cubs. With even a solid pen, this team would be a huge favorite,  but now that they are cheap, the door to the NL Central was opened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am not sure when distance from contention is included, that any team had a worse off season than the Cubs. With even a solid pen, this team would be a huge favorite,  but now that they are cheap, the door to the NL Central was opened. 

Cleveland's was pretty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bmags said:

Cleveland's was pretty bad.

I know Ramirez and Lindor are hurt, but that lineup probably looks worse than the Sox does. It sucks for Indians fans cause they have done so well developing talent but their owner is one of the few cheaper than Reinsdorf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am not sure when distance from contention is included, that any team had a worse off season than the Cubs. With even a solid pen, this team would be a huge favorite,  but now that they are cheap, the door to the NL Central was opened. 

2nd highest payroll, yet they are cheap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carl Edwards Jr is the perfect example of why you never project a bullpen more than 2 years ahead. You never know who will suddenly become unhittable and you never know who will go from unhittable to AAA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×