Sox and Tribe Game #2

• bmags pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, bmags said:

It has been interesting seeing the use of catchers. It seems the playing time is divvy'd up on accordance to the pitcher throwing, not offensive considerations.

When you see the battery mates for each game, it's not hard to see a pattern. McCann: catching Rodon, Giolito. Castillo: Nova, Lopez. So based on first language?

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

When you see the battery mates for each game, it's not hard to see a pattern. McCann: catching Rodon, Giolito. Castillo: Nova, Lopez. So based on first language?

I suppose. I thought they would play castillo against tougher righties as he at least has a shot, whereas mccan vs lefties is worse than castillo but better than vs righties.

But McCann's game calling against the royals was good enough I'm fine with him continuing to work with the staff. Castillo...ugh. Hate that guy after his suspension.

Just now, bmags said:

I suppose. I thought they would play castillo against tougher righties as he at least has a shot, whereas mccan vs lefties is worse than castillo but better than vs righties.

But McCann's game calling against the royals was good enough I'm fine with him continuing to work with the staff. Castillo...ugh. Hate that guy after his suspension.

I would be good with McCann catching Lopez too and Castillo catching Nova and Santana.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good thing Kluber doesn’t have a good breaking ball for Eloy to get out of his funk 

Let him go up against the best, he may surprise you. Remember Abreu going long vs. all the top pitchers in 2014.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Abreu at first. This is unacceptable for our pitchers. Yonder should be playing first any time he plays. 

Abreu is going to play there most of the time. I think he just prefers to not DH, and the team is ok with that.