May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Nice call

Nice.  Since they optioned Viera, we should still have another guy coming up for the night game.  Probably someone on the 40 man though.  Frare maybe.

18 minutes ago, flavum said:

Marshall is just replacing Vieira. They can still announce a 26th man for the night game.

Kind of bizzare to chose Vieira over Ruiz.  Vieira hasn't even pitched in a game since being recalled on Sunday am. 

In any event, Sox have 9 relievers on the roster right now and will likely have 10 for the 2nd game tonight.  One will have to go back to Charlotte tomorrow, and another one when Giolito comes off the IL soon.  

Edited by ChiSox59

19 minutes ago, Sockin said:

If Nova blows up again tonight anyone think he gets DFA'd given how quick they gave the hook to Santana? 

No because his underlying peripherals, while not great, are still worlds better than Santana's and imply that he's not as bad as his results would suggest so far. In a month or so, however, if he's still getting rocked, then perhaps. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

No because his underlying peripherals, while not great, are still worlds better than Santana's and imply that he's not as bad as his results would suggest so far. In a month or so, however, if he's still getting rocked, then perhaps. 

Coming into his last start, which granted was awful, he looked like a perfectly cromulent 4th starter.  He's earned a longer look even if he bombs today.  I'd expect him to manage this shit Baltimore lineup OK however.  His stuff so far actually looks solid.  His command really failed him last outing.

33 minutes ago, Sockin said:

If Nova blows up again tonight anyone think he gets DFA'd given how quick they gave the hook to Santana? 

Sounds like we saved 4 mil cutting Santana. No cost savings on Nova. I hated the Nova trade more than anyone but he at least looks a lot more capable than Santana, not to set the bar too high or anything.

7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Sounds like we saved 4 mil cutting Santana. No cost savings on Nova. I hated the Nova trade more than anyone but he at least looks a lot more capable than Santana, not to set the bar too high or anything.

Just looked on Fangraphs the Sox have actually gotten about 2 fWAR out of their rotation so far which is freaking amazing.  If the defense could pick it up a bit these guys' stats would look a lot better.

20 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Who did they give up to get Nova again? 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

042BE689-341D-482C-9AFD-3480E2444E71.jpeg

4E2F27CE-E51C-43DD-8D58-956B12FB39C9.jpeg

Don't really like our lineup. Just looks like the staggering righties and lefties strategy. I would rather have the hot bats up near the top...I think Anderson should be hitting cleanup and McCann should be 5th, with Alonso, Cordell, Sanchez and Delmonico to follow, in that order.

But, Ricky hasn't had much hiccups with his lineups so far this season so not really much to gripe about I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Nice.  Since they optioned Viera, we should still have another guy coming up for the night game.  Probably someone on the 40 man though.  Frare maybe.

Frare pitching right now down in AAA, so not going to be him for the 26th man.  

The only other 40 man options are Hamilton and Vieira. Vieira just optioned earlier today, but maybe he's hanging around for the nightcap.  Hamilton probably needs more tuning in AAA after his short ST and rough start.  Other 40 man options Stephens, Medeiros and and Cease have all pitched very recently, so not going to be them. 

17 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Who did they give up to get Nova again? 

Someone called Yordi Rosario. 19 year old who was still pitching in the Dominican Summer League

Edited by mqr

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Don't really like our lineup. Just looks like the staggering righties and lefties strategy. I would rather have the hot bats up near the top...I think Anderson should be hitting cleanup and McCann should be 5th, with Alonso, Cordell, Sanchez and Delmonico to follow, in that order.

But, Ricky hasn't had much hiccups with his lineups so far this season so not really much to gripe about I suppose.

Maybe he thinks this game is going to be high scoring for both teams so the staggering might be an effort to win the bullpen stage of the game

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Maybe he thinks this game is going to be high scoring for both teams so the staggering might be an effort to win the bullpen stage of the game

I really hope he's not planning on his best pitcher getting rocked by the gd Orioles

34 minutes ago, mqr said:

Someone called Yordi Rosario. 19 year old who was still pitching in the Dominican Summer League

He finished the year in AZ throwing 26 innings.

2 hours ago, Sockin said:

Not a chance. He's been healthy and  decent the last 3 years and they need innings and won't eat $10M for a  month of bad starts. You want the  4, 5 spots to be Banuelos, Covey/Fulmer while Giolito is still on the injured list and Rodon having had surgery last year ? Cease ? Can't leave the starting pitching so thin. He will pitch every 5th day and he hopefully has some positive regression. You just can't DFA everybody who starts the season poorly.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Id be surprised if there were even 50 people there. I know its a makeup game but wow.

I wonder how many will show up to tonight's regularly scheduled game.

I'm sure it won't be abnormal. There will be more people at this one around 5-6

There's no reason to look into make up game attendance. 

Edited by mqr