Sign in to follow this  
jasonxctf

Tim Anderson Batting Average

Assuming he doesn't hit again tonight, Timmy will have a seven point lead over LeMahieu with twenty games left.

33 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Assuming he doesn't hit again tonight, Timmy will have a seven point lead over LeMahieu with twenty games left.

I said nobody cares about batting titles anymore, but now because it's Anderson I suddenly care. 

• Thanks 1

TA7 with 11 BB 93 K but kindakool having a Chi guy leading in BA, another in RBI along with the MiPOY waiting in the wings. Abreu with 30 BB 131 K and Moncada with 38-132. The leader has 159 K.

It is a big deal if Timmy could pull this off.  He would join Luke Appling who won the batting title in 1936 & 1943 and Frank Thomas who won in 1997.  The rebuild just gets better and better.

Anderson out of the lineup today.  Really don't get that with him so close to the qualifying threshold.  Let the kid play.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Anderson out of the lineup today.  Really don't get that with him so close to the qualifying threshold.  Let the kid play.  

Sox are off tomorrow too.  Season almost over, let the kid play!

15 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I said nobody cares about batting titles anymore, but now because it's Anderson I suddenly care. 

Agents do.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, ChiSox59 said:

And he shouldn't be tired---he's missed 36 games, for various reasons.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:07 PM, kitekrazy said:

Agents do.

Do people even give out contractual incentives for batting titles anymore?

And the difference between .330 and .335 in a given year means absolutely nothing for future base salaries. 

Edited by mqr

People may not think they matter but name the last batting champion in the AL who was not a good baseball player. 

Bill Mueller the worst winner in the past 25 years. If you remove him, every player since about 1980 was  a star with 1/2 of them being HOF'ers. Everyone else is a star. Getting hits still matters and matters even more for a guy like Tim Anderson.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

I think there are many more fans who (a) want to not care about batting titles, and (b) enjoy saying out loud that they don't care about batting titles, than there are (c) fans who don't care about batting titles.  Go Timmy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I think Ricky is trying to get Mendick almost daily abs which really might not be a bad thing. 

Take the Mendick at bats from Sanchez for goodness sakes.  

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 12:51 PM, RudyLawRules said:

Wtf...resting TA today? After today...he's only 3 ABs from NOT qualifying for title. So stupid...unless he's hurt.

Are you saying if he misses another game the rest of the year (pending extra abs elsewhere), hes going to miss out?

1 minute ago, Joshua Strong said:

Anyone know what Tim’s stats would be on a 162 game pace? 

Can I find that out on Fangraphs?

Easy, he’s at 107 games. So multiply everything by 1.5.

216 hits, 105 runs, 45 doubles, 24 bombs, 78 RBIs, 24-for-32 in SBs, and 16 walks to 139 strikeouts.

• Like 1