Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

He stepped in a hole while pig hunting.  Wild pigs are a problem in Florida.  They're everywhere.  They come out at night and do a lot of destruction of plants, etc.  Traps are everywhere, but the damn pigs are too smart.  They also reproduce like crazy.  A mature sow can get pregnant 2-4 times a year and have 12 piglets at a time.  They are hunted by pros, but they need to be licensed.  The pigs are winning.  Not a fair fight.

A lot of Southern states they are a problem and they are invasive.

I know in Texas you can pay to shoot them from a chopper.

7 hours ago, oldsox said:

He stepped in a hole while pig hunting.  Wild pigs are a problem in Florida.  They're everywhere.  They come out at night and do a lot of destruction of plants, etc.  Traps are everywhere, but the damn pigs are too smart.  They also reproduce like crazy.  A mature sow can get pregnant 2-4 times a year and have 12 piglets at a time.  They are hunted by pros, but they need to be licensed.  The pigs are winning.  Not a fair fight.

Legit question for rural Americans – How do I kill the 30-50 feral hogs that run into my yard within 3-5 mins while my small kids play?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, oldsox said:

MQR's dilemma is not a laughing matter.  Those pigs are dangerous.

26 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

And BackDoorBreach’s response is legitimate.  An AR-15 and some 5.56/.223 will get the job done as long as you have have good aim, hence the optic.

Yeah that was a legitimate answer.  Most people kill them with .223/.556 cartridges, which are fired by AR-15's.  

And I'm a legitimate firearms instructor lol.

16 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Basically, I was saying it was an incident that he probably is being blamed for, if they are taking back all that cash. 

That was already obvious . They knew there was an incident they deemed dangerous so the Mets tried to void his whole contract. The question was would an arbitrator now knowing the full facts of the incident rule in the Mets or Cespedes favor. Even though the Mets might think setting traps for wild boars that come on your ranch  and doing whatever you do when you trap one is dangerous, the question was is it comparable to an outside activity such as a pickup basketball game or dirt biking.

Cespedes side would argue he was doing what he has to do routinely to  protect people and his property. The arbitrator has to make an all or nothing decision. Both sides had good arguments but not strong enough to be convinced they could win. The Mets didn't want to pay the whole salary and Cespedes didn't want to lose the whole salary. So they made a settlement rather than one side or the other completely losing.

8 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Yeah that was a legitimate answer.  Most people kill them with .223/.556 cartridges, which are fired by AR-15's.  

And I'm a legitimate firearms instructor lol.

Old Sox said he got hurt pig hunting but the article I posted said he had a boar in a trap and it startled him while he opened the trap so I have no idea where he got that from and didn't post a link.

"Cespedes reported the injury to the Mets, including immediately that he was trying to sidestep a boar. Mets officials and representatives for Cespedes went to the ranch the following day and came away believing essentially that is what occurred. Officials from both the Commissioners Office and the Players Association visited the ranch at a later date and also confirmed that version of how Cespedes was injured."

https://nypost.com/2020/01/03/yoenis-cespedes-ankle-fractures-came-during-incident-with-wild-boar/

38 minutes ago, hi8is said:

This is absurd...

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-early-2020-power-rankings

They have the Twins at #4 and us at #17.

We just need to start playing and winning games. As it stands now Twins are no worse than 5th or 6th until they shown last year was a fluke and they start to regress. I also see little difference between the 11th and 17th spot so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sox make a big jump when they start winning.

Just now, bmags said:

Iglesias is a better defender and hitter.

Agreed.  I don’t think Yolmer will get the money he wants but I also don’t think he is worth bringing back.  Like you said, Iglesias was probably never an option because he was looking for a place to start.