Sign in to follow this  
knightni

2020 Celebrity Death Thread

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

I don't remember ever hearing she was diagnosed, not that it had to be made public, but this one is super sad to me. I had such a crush on her after I saw Twins as a kid.

Cancer sucks.

I wonder if she was even treated.  One of the hallmarks of Scientology is a big anti-medicine stance.  There is a belief that if you are not well, that it is because YOU are not in a right place, so you don't need medical treatment to get better.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/l-ron-hubbard-on-cancer/

For years, new episodes of Mythbusters was must see TV for my family.  I hear today the very sad news that one of the Mythbusters' hosts, Grant Imahara, has died at the age of 49.  He's probably up in heaven now creating a new Rube Goldberg machine.  Rest in Peace, Grant.

Pete Green - Fleetwood Mac 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Regis died today.

He was alive yesterday? 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Lou Henson. Former Illini basketball coach.

Good guy. I remember him coming out of retirement to help is alma mater. For free IIRC

39 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Good guy. I remember him coming out of retirement to help is alma mater. For free IIRC

Actually, he got paid $1 a month. It was $0.77 after taxes. He didn't cash his paychecks.

• Thanks 1

Olivia DeHaviland, 104 - Oldest living actor when she passed. Known for Gone With The Wind.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, knightni said:

Wilford Brimley, 85

Crazy to think he was 50-ish when he filmed Cocoon and The Natural. He looked and acted like someone in his mid-60s at best.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, knightni said:

Olivia DeHaviland, 104 - Oldest living actor when she passed. Known for Gone With The Wind.

I'm starting to notice the ages more. 85 versus 104. That's a big difference. In my thirties I'm certain I would have thought 85 sounds fine. Now, meh, I want 105

Kamala the Ugandan Giant......James Harris passed away today at 70.

Edited by Soxfest

Former Indiana Governor and Mayor of South Bend - Co-owner of the South Bend Silver Hawks Joe Kernan, 74. - Alzheimer's

40 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Chadwick Boseman, 43, of colon cancer

From my home town. 2020 sucks indeed.

Man that came out of nowhere, he kept that so private.  Fuck cancer and fuck 2020 already.

7 minutes ago, bigruss said:

Man that came out of nowhere, he kept that so private.  Fuck cancer and fuck 2020 already.

And played so many huge roles while battling cancer.

Chadwick was obviously more than the T'Challa character but that role was such a cultural touchstone and carried so much weight. The man spent his last 4 years creating iconic art knowing he wasn't long for the world, suffering in silence. Sigh.

• Like 6

It has been a huge year of death. Lute Olson died a couple of days ago. Former Portland Trailblazer Cliff Robinson died at 53. Played 18 seasons.