White Sox Spring Training Thread

DirtySox

1 hour ago, mqr said:

You guys know lineups in ST aren't built to win games right?

furthermore there is a SCHEDULE that every player is on for their workouts.  Some guys will need to get in there, get their 2 PAs, and then go do their lifts or data session or trainer session or whatever.  

yikes.  Some folks are really ignorant and looking silly this morning.  The games are FAKE guys.  They don't count.  The only thing that matters is being ready opening day.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

furthermore there is a SCHEDULE that every player is on for their workouts.  Some guys will need to get in there, get their 2 PAs, and then go do their lifts or data session or trainer session or whatever.  

yikes.  Some folks are really ignorant and looking silly this morning.  The games are FAKE guys.  They don't count.  The only thing that matters is being ready opening day.

I actually root for every player to have a slow/poor spring because I prescribe to the non-scientific and non-statistical due theory. All joking aside, I actually do not mind everyone having slow springs because players should be working on things they're not as good at; eg., only attacking off-speed pitches and letting fastballs slide, working counts deep to see more pitches, going the other way if your swing has been pull happy and on and on. Pitchers do the same thing. How many huge springs are followed up by slow Aprils and vice versa.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I actually root for every player to have a slow/poor spring because I prescribe to the non-scientific and non-statistical due theory. All joking aside, I actually do not mind everyone having slow springs because players should be working on things they're not as good at; eg., only attacking off-speed pitches and letting fastballs slide, working counts deep to see more pitches, going the other way if your swing has been pull happy and on and on. Pitchers do the same thing. How many huge springs are followed up by slow Aprils and vice versa.

I don't think there is any correlation at all between a good spring and the regular season.  In fact there might be a negative correlation.  It's been proven a million fucking times that other than health, spring games do not predict anything.

Only thing I'm looking for is the pitchers to be throwing on their schedules, without setbacks, getting their innings and stamina built, and then the position players staying healthy and getting their bodies ready for 162 game grind.  Maybe on top of that you look to see some young guys not looked overmatched, although even with that you never know if they are working on something or the guy they are facing is working on something and so even that must come with a huge grain of salt.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

We used to be able to say we had an intelligent fan base. Maybe we still do but we sure have our share of people who change fan to fanatical and make it a bad thing.

Was pnoles b****ing about it?  That dude is the pied piper of the new generation of zoomer Sox fans.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Ain't it 3 FA years (if opt out is true)? He's a FA in 2024 and that contract can take him to FA in 2027 with the opt out (and 5 FA years at 2029).

He's a free agent after the 2023 season. As mapped above, the 24-27 seasons (all guaranteed before the opt-out) makes it 4 FA years.

Edited by soxfan2014

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I get it, and that's a fan mentality. Ricky needs to spread AB's out - give some guys more looks than others (like an Engel as he fights for that 4th OF spot) - and manage rest and etc for the starters. 

If I can think of one thing that means literally nothing in life, a spring training batting order might be at the top of my list.

It figures that the guys who will get sent back to camp have some early action with the varsity squad.