Sign in to follow this  
BamaDoc

16 added to Schaumburg squad

See some mention in catch all thread. Mod please delete. 

Edited by BamaDoc

11 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

See some mention in catch all thread. Mod please delete. 

I like yours with the red font  . You don't say what the asterisks are for though. NRI guys ?

Asterisk guys are Non roster invites. 59 total so could add someone as a waiver/signing/purchase/trade. Also couple of guys are reclamations and could be released. 

42 minutes ago, zisk said:

is Schaumburg going to play games against other taxi squads?

How could you possibly play games with 4 position players? 

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

How could you possibly play games with 4 position players? 

THere's what, 44 people in big league camp right now, so when the roster gets cut to 30 in ten days, they fill out the rest of this team?

48 minutes ago, zisk said:

is Schaumburg going to play games against other taxi squads?

I believe they only practice together so that they limit the risk of exposure. 3 of the guys from the taxi squad (pitcher, catcher, position player) will travel with the big league team at all times so that they can be available immediately. 

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Does Yellow Cab have a team ?

Their primary competition is DC Cab.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Does Yellow Cab have a team ?

Racist term.

As far as I can tell, there are 26 in Schaumburg, plus Mazara. Ian Hamilton wasn’t sent to the taxi squad.

Pitchers- Anderson, Burdi, Burr, Crochet, Dunning, Flores, Foster, Guerrero, Johnson, Lail, Lindgren, McRae, Mejia, Mitchell, Ruiz, Sousa, Stiever

Catchers- Mercedes, Zavala 

Infield- Goins, Madrigal, Vaughn

Outfield- Adolfo, Basabe, Gonzalez, Rutherford

48 minutes ago, flavum said:

As far as I can tell, there are 26 in Schaumburg, plus Mazara. Ian Hamilton wasn’t sent to the taxi squad.

Pitchers- Anderson, Burdi, Burr, Crochet, Dunning, Flores, Foster, Guerrero, Johnson, Lail, Lindgren, McRae, Mejia, Mitchell, Ruiz, Sousa, Stiever

Catchers- Mercedes, Zavala 

Infield- Goins, Madrigal, Vaughn

Outfield- Adolfo, Basabe, Gonzalez, Rutherford

This is why they had Mercedes and Vaughn play third. With this group they can scrimmage now. 😁

10 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Seems like the Sox will be fairly aggressive with Kelley next year, which I like given his advanced feel for pitching for a high schooler.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems like the Sox will be fairly aggressive with Kelley next year, which I like given his advanced feel for pitching for a high schooler.

I really love the White Sox strategy with their 2nd round picks the last 2 years

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

I really love the White Sox strategy with their 2nd round picks the last 2 years

The Kannapolis rotation is going to be a ton of fun to watch next year with Kelley, Thompson, Dalquist, & Vera all in it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Kannapolis rotation is going to be a ton of fun to watch next year with Kelley, Thompson, Dalquist, & Vera all in it.

And I had forgotten about Vera.  Thanks.  It is an exciting time to be a White Sox fan.

I do love my Cannonballers hat from '47.  We have friends we visit in NC and will have to catch some Kannapolis games live when the minors are up and running again.  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 11:42 AM, Balta1701 said:

I believe they only practice together so that they limit the risk of exposure. 3 of the guys from the taxi squad (pitcher, catcher, position player) will travel with the big league team at all times so that they can be available immediately. 

khVPHo0GpN1SVUuDbwoS_Ld1yfnSE2oJ41bA33Gp

Thursday is the first day that Madrigal can be called up without costing the Sox a year of control. What are the odds they don't even pretend to hide their intentions and just call him up prior to Friday's game? Or will they wait until the Brewers series on Monday figuring they can get past the Royals without him just fine?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Thursday is the first day that Madrigal can be called up without costing the Sox a year of control. What are the odds they don't even pretend to hide their intentions and just call him up prior to Friday's game? Or will they wait until the Brewers series on Monday figuring they can get past the Royals without him just fine?

I don't think it's a lock he comes up right away like so many seem to be expecting. Might not be the Brewers series either.

4 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Thursday as in today?  Or a week from today?