7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

Enter Young pitcher for Indians:

Me: “Man this guy is gonna be good”

* throws 8IP with 15Ks and 2H * 

Enter young pitcher for White Sox:

Me: “Man this guy is gonna be good!”

* throws 2 1/3 IP with 13 BBS and 10 ER

4 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

The Sox approach vs a pitcher who has no idea where its going vs the Indians earlier approach vs a pitcher who has no idea where its going tells you all you need to know about the two coaching staffs

It’s the approach. They seem to always be behind in the count. Can’t have a consistent offense that way. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just can’t have Abreu batting 3rd vs righties.  As for that pitcher, check out his minor league stats for a laugh.

When does it end though? I think it would take us losing 40 games and Renteria getting fired.

Just now, chetkincaid said:

It would be really cool if the White Sox were good.

Where do we go from here?

3rd game of the season....season over

To answer the question, 57 more games.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

For starters, if this continues, get rid of the manager and pitching coach.

Yes, the reason the Cease is the only pitcher today that couldn't throw strikes is the fault of the pitching coach.

• Like 1

Just now, ptatc said:

Yes, the reason the Cease is the only pitcher today that couldn't throw strikes is the fault of the pitching coach.

Plain and simple, Cooper is not getting results.  For every pitcher that has a good year,  two or three seem to regress.  He’s been given a ton of talent in terms of young players with very mediocre results.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Plain and simple, Cooper is not getting results.  For every pitcher that has a good year,  two or three seem to regress.  He’s been given a ton of talent in terms of young players with very mediocre results.

But is Dylan Cease English for Daniel Cabrera? 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

You're right. Some are doing well others aren't You can fire him but I think that would just be firing a guy to fire somebody. I don't think that would be soemthing that would turn the season around as you implied in that post.

Just now, fathom said: