Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soxfan49

7/29 Sox vs Indians GT

Recommended Posts

Robert is so much better than I bet many expected.  That was a great AB.  Didn’t try to do anything crazy.  Just hit the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice situational hitting that inning.  More of that please.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hogan873 said:

Robert is so much better than I bet many expected.  That was a great AB.  Didn’t try to do anything crazy.  Just hit the ball.

He is definitely making contact more often than I thought he would this early in the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Really, Paula Abdul?

Cheesy 90s love songs describe my feelings for Luis Robert.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Robert is so much better than I bet many expected.  That was a great AB.  Didn’t try to do anything crazy.  Just hit the ball.

I love his presence.   His defense is other worldly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Bad job by Hand

Got to give it to the Sox...showed off a great stroke that inning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Bad job by Hand

Or could we say, bad hand job? ( if there is such a thing ) 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

He is definitely making contact more often than I thought he would this early in the season.

As I tell my son - he is going to be a flat out superstar - like 6WAR type of player.  He just has "it". I really wonder how amazing the Mets guy is that there was another individual ranked ahead of Robert (unless you are worried he can't stay healthy). Offensively and Defensively - he has it all.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hi8is said:

Cheesy 90s love songs describe my feelings for Luis Robert.

I'll buy that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

He is definitely making contact more often than I thought he would this early in the season.

I mean, he has 9 K's in 24 PA's and a 57.5% contact rate before tonight - I think it's under 50% now. But the key has been that when he has hit the ball, he has made great contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched like half this game.....has the zone been this big all game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chisoxfn said:

As I tell my son - he is going to be a flat out superstar - like 6WAR type of player.  He just has "it". I really wonder how amazing the Mets guy is that there was another individual ranked ahead of Robert (unless you are worried he can't stay healthy). Offensively and Defensively - he has it all.  

I agree. I was confident he would get there, just thought his swing and miss would be more of a weakness early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love Bummer to have a vulture like season with 5-6 wins out of the set up role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, he has 9 K's in 24 PA's and a 57.5% contact rate before tonight - I think it's under 50% now. But the key has been that when he has hit the ball, he has made great contact.

I guess it's kind of what I expected then. Just doesn't seem that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heads22 said:

I've watched like half this game.....has the zone been this big all game?

Yes, which is why I'd take a lot of the offensive numbers with a grain of salt. 2-3 inches off and about 2 inches under for both sides. Can't hit in that environment. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×