Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Giolito has 6.6 fWAR in his last 220 innings pitched as a 26 yr old and he's not a 1 and won't become one... it's an interesting proclamation to say the least. That's 7th highest in baseball in the past 1 yr + 1 month.

White Sox fans underrating of Giolito is just odd. Maybe it's because he was so bad for that period of time.

I think so.  I’m over that crap but I can see how some are t

Giolito has 6.6 fWAR in his last 220 innings pitched as a 26 yr old and he's not a 1 and won't become one... it's an interesting proclamation to say the least. That's 7th highest in baseball in the past 1 yr + 1 month.

White Sox fans underrating of Giolito is just odd. Maybe it's because he was so bad for that period of time.

I think his yet to be found 3rd pitch and command may prevent him from being the very top tier of pitchers, but I also don't get upset at anyones notion that a White Sox player is not the very best in the league.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know, I actually fell into the trap I dislike. Their core is so strong they've been right in it.

But they definitely hit that maxed payroll/tapped farm that I think scares a lot of sox fans most after seeing the post WS team struggle to get over the hump.

It also died because nothing came along to refresh it as guys fell off.

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

Clevinger is a top 10 pitcher. Giolito has the makings and ability to be there too. 

Give me 10 slots, pitchers for the rest of the year + next year (assuming health is all there). So basically who would i want to run out there, healthy for next 40 starts. 

1- DeGrom

2- Cole

3 - Bieber

4 - S. Gray - controversial in the sense where his stuff may not blow you away, but results are nonstop. 

5 - Verlander (assuming health think he still has the stuff)

6- Scherzer

7 - Buehler

8 - Darvish - he's like Bauer, but so locked in. 

9 - Clevinger

10 - Bauer (tough guy to place. when on and locked in he's top 5. other times he's top 50. very up and down, but has to make the list)

Giolito is in that next tier with Glasnow, Paddack, Flaherty, Snell, Lynn, Kershaw, Gallen, Nola. 

Clevinger and Bauer are no where near top 10 pitchers. JFC

• Like 2

Just now, bmags said:

I think his yet to be found 3rd pitch and command may prevent him from being the very top tier of pitchers, but I also don't get upset at anyones notion that a White Sox player is not the very best in the league.

Just because someone disagrees with your assessment doesn't make them upset. He's been a top 6 pitcher as a 26 year old the past year +. He has shown an ability to improve and evolve - which is a sign of a star in baseball. 

So to me, I don't really understand the claim that he's a #2 or #3 when all he's done for the past year is perform as a #1. I guess if you expect regression, but he's actually gotten better over the past 18 months so not sure why he'd regress

Clevinger and Bauer are no where near top 10 pitchers. JFC

okay, a list i made, in my opinion is wrong. cool. but don't add any value to the convo, just say jesus fucking christ to it in all caps. don't make your own list, don't say why they aren't top 10, just add a useless comment on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Clevinger is a top 10 pitcher. Giolito has the makings and ability to be there too. 

Give me 10 slots, pitchers for the rest of the year + next year (assuming health is all there). So basically who would i want to run out there, healthy for next 40 starts. 

1- DeGrom

2- Cole

3 - Bieber

4 - S. Gray - controversial in the sense where his stuff may not blow you away, but results are nonstop. 

5 - Verlander (assuming health think he still has the stuff)

6- Scherzer

7 - Buehler

8 - Darvish - he's like Bauer, but so locked in. 

9 - Clevinger

10 - Bauer (tough guy to place. when on and locked in he's top 5. other times he's top 50. very up and down, but has to make the list)

Giolito is in that next tier with Glasnow, Paddack, Flaherty, Snell, Lynn, Kershaw, Gallen, Nola. 

Sonny Gray (and really most of these guys) being ahead of Kershaw.  Wow.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kershcl01.shtml

Don't know if people have realized this, but he is pitching like prime Kershaw again this year.  

• Like 1

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

okay, a list i made, in my opinion is wrong. cool. but don't add any value to the convo, just say jesus fucking christ to it in all caps. don't make your own list, don't say why they aren't top 10, just add a useless comment on. 

Between the both of them, they've had one career season in the top 10 in WAR as a pitcher. It's not the only metric that exists, but neither are in that category. Today? The top 10 IMO (in no order)

Degrom, Darvish, Giolito, Scherzer, Cole, Greinke, Flaherty, Buehler, Bieber, Verlander (when healthy).