And now Wheeler on the market

46 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Snell at the cost of 6 years of Vaughn and/or 5+ years of Kopech isn't such a great value anymore.3

I would do Jimmy's deal of Wheeler for Dunning and parts with cash coming back.  But I highly doubt that Wheeler would come that cheap.  If Dunning is the centerpiece then we're probably not getting any cash back and the second piece is of quality, like Heuer or something, and definitely something we would miss.  Keep in mind we are now going to be bidding against other clubs for Wheeler.  Some of these clubs might rather have a cheaper Wheeler than Bauer at whatever his sexy-as-fuck agent is asking for.

No one was willing to pay Wheeler’s current contact last year except us and the Phillies, why are teams suddenly chomping at the bit to give up talent and absorb that contract in whole in the middle of an economic crisis?

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guy told your organization 12 months ago that you aren't good enough for me and people think sox would trade for him. 

That's not exactly what happened. Wifey wanted to stay on the EC. They really like him and players are allowed to make their own choices. That's why they call it free agency. 

Nobody can blame him for choosing Philly for family reasons when the money was as close as it was(supposedly) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's not exactly what happened. Wifey wanted to stay on the EC. They really like him and players are allowed to make their own choices. That's why they call it free agency. 

Nobody can blame him for choosing Philly for family reasons when the money was as close as it was(supposedly) 

I’d still be very surprised to see the Sox try to trade for a guy who turned them down for more money just last year. Unless the price is mostly involving cash relief I skeptical Sox will engage Philly. They should be all over Harper tho if true

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cool. He showed he does NOT want to be here. Amazing to watch people ignore the human element of sports over and over. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Cool. He showed he does NOT want to be here. Amazing to watch people ignore the human element of sports over and over. 

Everyone thought it was a done deal for him to sign with the Sox supposedly. I don't think he didn't want to be here, I think his wife didn't want to be here. That's a bit different. As they say though....happy wife happy life. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Everyone thought it was a done deal for him to sign with the Sox supposedly. I don't think he didn't want to be here, I think his wife didn't want to be here. That's a bit different. As they say though....happy wife happy life. 

Are you insane? He accepted 7 million dollars less to NOT play here. 

23 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'd move Dunning in the right deal but I would try to trade Kopech or Cease first. I'd like to hang on to the guy that doesn't need to make any adjustments.  

I agree with this though I’d not do kopech for this deal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Quin said:

While I wouldn't trade the big chips for them, hypothetical scenario:

If the Phillies offered the Sox Harper and Wheeler, but the Sox had to take their entire contracts. In return the Sox didn't have to give up their big chips — Kopech, Vaughn, Crochet, Madrigal, Kelley. Would you do it?

It depends on the long-term budget.  I would definitely take on Wheeler, but I’d want to make sure Jerry is willing to push this thing up to the $180M to $200M range if I’m taking on Harper as well.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It depends on the long-term budget.  I would definitely take on Wheeler, but I’d want to make sure Jerry is willing to push this thing up to the $180M to $200M range if I’m taking on Harper as well.

JR, king of salary suppression, and from what we are hearing is already out on Springer and Bauer because of cost, will no way in hell take on those salaries. He’s probably loving seeing Middleton crash and burn for giving out these enormous contracts and hopes nobody bails him out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

JR, king of salary suppression, and from what we are hearing is already out on Springer and Bauer because of cost, will no way in hell take on those salaries. He’s probably loving seeing Middleton crash and burn for giving out these enormous contracts and hopes nobody bails him out

You have a point....and it says what his priorities are. Winning is a nice bonus to him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Thank you. Hell probably try and broker a deal to get these guys on the Mets to load them up via trade so they can’t play in FA

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Quin said:

While I wouldn't trade the big chips for them, hypothetical scenario:

If the Phillies offered the Sox Harper and Wheeler, but the Sox had to take their entire contracts. In return the Sox didn't have to give up their big chips — Kopech, Vaughn, Crochet, Madrigal, Kelley. Would you do it?

I don't see why anyone wouldn't. It's not my money, and the team would instantly become the best in the AL for the foreseeable future

• Like 2