Chill out guys

Dominikk85

Yeah the start wasn't great but it is super early. Remember last year when the team started 1-4 and then went on to win 35 games (94 win pace) despite having Ricky and a very bad last week? 

Yes the team has some holes but once moncada, Abreu, Anderson, grandal and hopefully Vaughn start to hit this is going to be a good offense even if Robert struggles a bit. 

Also the pen has been very bad giving up runs every game and this should change too as this is a talented group. 

Yes, the backend of the rotation and the bench are suspect but it was last year too when they were quite successful. 

I'm very optimistic this is going to be a 90+ win team. 

Edited by Dominikk85
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Yeah the start wasn't great but it is super early. Remember last year when the team started 1-4 and then went on to win 35 games (94 win pace) despite having Ricky and a very bad last week? 

Yes the team has some holes but once moncada, Abreu, Anderson, grandal and hopefully Vaughn start to hit this is going to be a good offense even if Robert struggles a bit. 

Also the pen has been very bad giving up runs every game and this should change too as this is a talented group. 

Yes, the backend of the rotation and the bench are suspect but it was last year too when they were quite successful. 

I'm very optimistic this is going to be a 90+ win team. 

Then you better be optimistic the Tigers and Royals’ improvement will be offset by the Indians taking a major step backwards.

It’s almost like people think it’s a 60 game season again. 162 games is a a marathon. Tough series but they were in every game despite shitty defense, lack of timely hitting, and the starters not going deep in games. As long as the team stays relatively healthy from here, they’ll be fine.

• Like 1

There are other teams that are expected to be good besides the Sox that have had a bad start.  The Braves are 0-3, the Cardinals are 1-2, The Red Sox lost 3 games to the Orioles.  We're close to this team, so the bad stuff is magnified for us.  Yeah, they played some shitty baseball this weekend.  But we all know this team is better than what we've seen so far.  What we need to see, in addition to some wins, is better execution when there are runner sin scoring position, better defense, and more consistency from everyone, but especially the guys who we are expecting to help carry this team.

My son and I were talking yesterday, and he said it best: "This is a very frustrating team to be a fan of."

Remember when Keuchel bitched the team out last season?  Someone is going to have to do that again pretty soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Then you better be optimistic the Tigers and Royals’ improvement will be offset by the Indians taking a major step backwards.

This just isn’t true at all.  There’s really no connection here.  

Admit that you just caulfielded this out of your caulfield

6 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

There are other teams that are expected to be good besides the Sox that have had a bad start.  The Braves are 0-3, the Cardinals are 1-2, The Red Sox lost 3 games to the Orioles.  We're close to this team, so the bad stuff is magnified for us.  Yeah, they played some shitty baseball this weekend.  But we all know this team is better than what we've seen so far.  What we need to see, in addition to some wins, is better execution when there are runner sin scoring position, better defense, and more consistency from everyone, but especially the guys who we are expecting to help carry this team.

My son and I were talking yesterday, and he said it best: "This is a very frustrating team to be a fan of."

Remember when Keuchel bitched the team out last season?  Someone is going to have to do that again pretty soon.

Who would it be? Yermin??? He’s the only one who’s produced lol. 

12 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

This just isn’t true at all.  There’s really no connection here.  

Admit that you just caulfielded this out of your caulfield

We haven’t proven we are a real playoff caliber team yet...neither have the Twins, for that matter.

Over a full season of play outside the Central, we’ll have a much better gauge of how close they really are to being the second best team in the AL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

This team is giving significant playing time to Billy Hamilton. There are serious leaks all over the boat and they need to get patched up soon before the whole ship goes down.

They need to get serious about the outfield , and waiting for Engel is not treating it seriously 

• Like 1

Four games is never an indicator of how good or bad a team is. The 2005 team had a seven game losing streak in August and had a losing month. They ended up with 99 wins. This team will begin hitting and, with that, more wins will come.

However, the White Sox still haven't proved they can win over a long season. Overall, they are a young club. They show flashes of brillance, but they still need to develop. If they can improve as the season goes on, they can be in contention in the end. Yet, there are still causes for concern. Like the manager. Like the defense.

yeah of course its early... but the line-up has a bunch of holes in it and the defense has been horrid.  It's not so much the wins and losses as it is how we have lost and what our team suddenly looks like with some guys having to start that weren't supposed to be starters....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We haven’t proven we are a real playoff caliber team yet...neither have the Twins, for that matter.

Over a full season of play outside the Central, we’ll have a much better gauge of how close they really are to being the second best team in the AL.

what do you mean? The Twins consistently prove they are a playoff caliber team by either winning the division or getting a WC spot. 

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They have lost 18 postseason games in a row.  

and? they still make the playoffs. I dont care what their playoff record is, they get there. Consistently. We only did that once in the last 13 years, and that was thanks to an expanded playoff format. Until this team stops embarrassing itself on the field and in the front office I will have little faith in their ability to even make it there.

Edited by reiks12
  • Thanks 1

Except for the Indians in 2016, the Central hasn’t exactly been deserving.  It’s comprised of all small and mid-market teams (or at least financial approaches in Minny and Chicago.)

Feels like all the way back to 2006 when it was the best division in baseball.

Edited by caulfield12

46 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah of course its early... but the line-up has a bunch of holes in it and the defense has been horrid.  It's not so much the wins and losses as it is how we have lost and what our team suddenly looks like with some guys having to start that weren't supposed to be starters....

I think most can agree the Sox deserve a D for that first series, considering all the things mentioned in this thread. Moving forward, I hope the Sox can split the 4-game road series and still win 2 of 3 in three-game series in which they play especially bad baseball. That first series was rotten; see if improvement comes in Series No. 2.

This isn't a 4 game worry. We looked pretty bad the last few weeks of last season as well. Moncada and Robert struggled for a large chunk of last year. I think we will be fine, but I think we need to lose the overconfident angle and humble ourselves. We've done nothing yet and need some of that hunger. Every year we see teams with WS aspirations struggle and fall into mediocrity and the same can happen to us. Stay hungry White Sox. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

and? they still make the playoffs. I dont care what their playoff record is, they get there. Consistently. We only did that once in the last 13 years, and that was thanks to an expanded playoff format. Until this team stops embarrassing itself on the field and in the front office I will have little faith in their ability to even make it there.

FYI -  the White Sox still make the playoffs last year without an expanded playoff format.  

We need more from Yoan.  Really rough serious from him.

We need Madrigal to play better defense.  He cost us 1 game, and there was a play last night a good 2B should have made.

We need Jose to stop trying to do too much.  Two pretty horrible Ks yesterday when the team really needed him.

We need to someone (hopefully Vaughn) to grab the LF position by the balls and make it theirs.  BIlly Hamilton has been solid so far, but he should be nothing more than pinch runner / late defensive replacement on this team.  

Lastly, we need Tim to not be seriously hurt.

Tough 1st series.  Need to get at 2/3 from the M's.    

It's up to the starting pitching to help carry the load on this team. 

The bullpen meltdown this series had all to do with the lack of efficiency from the starters along with kickball for defense. 

Starting pitchers go 6 solid innings on average and the defense starts picking up the ball, we're going to win a lot of games (even with a feast or famine offense).