6/3 | White Sox (33-22) vs Tigers (23-32) | 7:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

38 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox Games Played Leaders (OPS +):

• 53 Yoan Moncada (146)
  • 51 Jose Abreu (135) & Yermin Mercedes (133)
  • 49 Nick Madrigal (106)
  • 45 Leury Garcia (66) dWAR -0.1; bWAR 0.0; fWAR -0.1

This isn't really that fair of a comp when Leury has really been the only person available to CF.

I don't think he needs to play for Madrigal tonight, but Leury playing 45 games to this point is mostly out of necessity.  

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sox machine is straight garbage, a fart that exists to smell itself as it wafts in the stale Jim Margalus air.  Nobody consistently hits fastballs above 94 mph hard.  That's why velocity is king.  Yoan Moncada doesn't make an out 42% of the time.  If we had a team full of Yoan's we'd score 8 runs a game on average.

Ah, I see this is about Yermin?  Same thing applies really.  Fuck Sox Machine I can't stand those guys, a bunch of haters. edit: lol, Yermin is +7.4 runs this year on fastballs.  That's excellent.  That is classic Jim right there.  Notices something completely out of context and runs with it like he's writing the next Moneyball script. He couldn't even be bothered to go to FG and check Yermin's run values.

Honest question can anybody make arguments against Mercedes that you would buy? Mercedes is literally not able to hit fastballs. According to data. 

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sox machine is straight garbage, a fart that exists to smell itself as it wafts in the stale Jim Margalus air.  Nobody consistently hits fastballs above 94 mph hard.  That's why velocity is king.  Yoan Moncada doesn't make an out 42% of the time.  If we had a team full of Yoan's we'd score 8 runs a game on average.

Ah, I see this is about Yermin?  Same thing applies really.  Fuck Sox Machine I can't stand those guys, a bunch of haters. edit: lol, Yermin is +7.4 runs this year on fastballs.  That's excellent.  That is classic Jim right there.  Notices something completely out of context and runs with it like he's writing the next Moneyball script. He couldn't even be bothered to go to FG and check Yermin's run values.

I just looked this up myself.  He is a big time PLUS fastball hitter.

image.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Honest question can anybody make arguments against Mercedes that you would buy? Mercedes is literally not able to hit fastballs. According to data. 

1 minute ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I think he’s blackmailed you guys 

That was about as fast as I have ever seen a post blow up on someone.  Pathetic pivot after it blew up.  The data IS there, if you want to see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That was about as fast as I have ever seen a post blow up on someone.  Pathetic pivot after it blew up.  The data IS there, if you want to see it.

Except the data that other people use right?  But people who use data against him are garbage right?

Edited by Greydawgfan1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

as I said, Jim was too lazy and/or that up his own ass that he didn't even bother to go check the publicly available pitch data on Yermin.  He's a moron and a major reason the Sox blogosphere sucks ass.  Thankfully he turns so many people off that I speculate he drives a lot of people here and a reason Soxtalk is doing so well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Except the data that other people use right? 

So which is a more accurate measure of how he hits fastballs?  The speeds of the fastball's he has hit for home runs, or the actual data which takes in all at bats ending with a fastball when compared to his cohorts?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

as I said, Jim was too lazy and/or that up his own ass that he didn't even bother to go check the publicly available pitch data on Yermin.  He's a moron and a major reason the Sox blogosphere sucks ass.  Thankfully he turns so many people off that I speculate he drives a lot of people here and a reason Soxtalk is doing so well.

Lmfao your ego and your weird love for a dude who isn’t going to be apart of the Sox when people return is crazy 

Just now, Greydawgfan1 said:

Lmfao your ego and your weird love for a dude who isn’t going to be apart of the Sox when people return is crazy 

Your irrational hatred is something I don't know that I have ever seen before.  Did Yermin steal your gold chains or something?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So which is a more accurate measure of how he hits fastballs?  The speeds of the fastball's he has hit for home runs, or the actual data which takes in all at bats ending with a fastball when compared to his cohorts?

You have to be pulling data from April because he certainly isn’t hitting high speed fastballs for home run the whole month of may 

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Yermin Mercedes has a -.5 wFB since the start of May. His April was dominant but he has been pretty bad since. I dont see why he should be so immune to criticism.

So he is slightly below average in the middle of his slump.  That's still not something to really get excited about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So he is slightly below average in the middle of his slump.  That's still not something to really get excited about.

Yup it's a slump . When in a slump you can find all sorts of bad data . Look at Roberts, he sucked after a hot month. The good thing is Yermin has a lot more time than Robert to turn it around. I'm expecting good things from Yermin soon. How many RH hitters can bash .415 for a month. You could expect that from some lefties but probably not a whole lot of RHH . The guy can hit.

He put the Sox on his back along with the starting pitching when Moncada and Abreu weren't hitting and Tim was out for a little bit. He's been  an instrumental part of the team and while he's been slumping some other's have picked up the slack just as he did for them. It takes a team. I have his back.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

This isn't really that fair of a comp when Leury has really been the only person available to CF.

I don't think he needs to play for Madrigal tonight, but Leury playing 45 games to this point is mostly out of necessity.  

Hamilton is a much better CFer, and any perceived hitting advantage Garcia may have had is not happening this season.

Leury has started more games in the infield / OF corners (10 + 13), vs. 17 in CF. He’s also been inserted as a pinch hitter for real ML hitters, which is completely asinine, since he is literally the worst hitter on the team.

Tony is obsessed with playing this guy everyday, when he should have been limited to rotating with Hamilton in CF only for the 30 games Robert has missed, and maybe a start a week spelling people for a rest. Instead, Tony made him an everyday player, over better options, both before and after Robert’s injury.

45 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He hasn’t had a hit since last Thursday, Thursday. If not excited can we get worried, concerned, piqued, maybe even peeved?

With Mercedes following Abreu, and then Grandal after that, if I was Detroit, I wouldn’t throw Abreu a strike all night.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

He hasn’t had a hit since last Thursday, Thursday. If not excited can we get worried, concerned, piqued, maybe even peeved?

With Mercedes following Abreu, and then Grandal after that, if I was Detroit, I wouldn’t throw Abreu a strike all night.

Jose Abreu was hitting 202 with an OPS of 675 after 27 games.

30 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

You can freak out over whatever you feel the need to.  But the point being made had nothing to do with your post.