White Sox @ Tigers - 7/4/21- Game Thread

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

His HR/FB rate was 6th worst in MLB coming into today. 

Yeah he's been a bit unlucky on some wall scrappers. I remember the Royals got 2 off him that had a combined xBA under .300. 

8 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

He is healthy and hitting 100 on his fastball. He is a lock

Pitched 120 IP in 2018 and 165 in 2016. Those are the only 2 times he's pitched over 100 innings. He's at 84 now without building up any arm strength for the last 2 years. I hope you're right but a lock ? That's pushing it unless his innings find a way to be limited by a bunch in the 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I realize these last 2 games have been bad, but we're also without our 2 best hitters in Yaz and Yoan. At worst we're 5 games up on the Indians at the end of the day. Go enjoy this 4th of July!

Wish we could sticky posts. Sox just gave us no excuse to not enjoy the 4th doing something else lol

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yeah he's been a bit unlucky on some wall scrappers. I remember the Royals got 2 off him that had a combined xBA under .300. 

He has also had the bad luck to be pitching during day games with the wind blowing out at GRF. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

At this point I'll take any type of XBH from Anderson. Every swing looks weak as hell & it feels like every time he hits the ball it's on the ground

His 2 doubles yesterday gave me some hope but today has been more of the same. 

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

At this point I'll take any type of XBH from Anderson. Every swing looks weak as hell & it feels like every time he hits the ball it's on the ground

Maybe he needs to stop hot doggin so much and focus on hitting and playing

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Has he really been "hot doggin" this season?

He's always a hot dog. Great player don't get me wrong. But you need to put up to hot dog like you do