Sox at Twins 8/9, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

13 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Ok so the first time you want him playing RF with Robert in CF is in the playoffs.  Recipe for a collision and a L

Same a Eloy 

Its laughable at you guys expecting them to just who up for the playoffs with no experience or rhythm with each other and expect things to go flawlessly 

I'm not arguing either way.  The playoffs don't start tomorrow though.  There's enough time to play him with Robert. 

Jose - never has an off day

Moncada- never has an off day

Cesar - never has an off day

Don't give me an argument that he wants to rest players when he never rests players.  The only players that sit are young guys.  It has nothing to do with keeping the team fresh, just some stupid reason that the media and the blind eat up 

Edited by Moncada
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One thing I definitely trust TLR with is handling guys down the stretch into the post-season.  I think he will get the balance between keeping guys fresh and also giving them days off.  Vaughn has been our MVP so far this year without a doubt, at least amongst position players.  And some of that I think is definitely due to the way TLR has used him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guys - the sox have 10.5 game lead and I have a feeling we're going to get our A+ lineup pretty rarely the next 7 weeks.  Stars are going to sit, probably frequntly.

I too want Vaughn in the line-up, but you're gonna get awfully worn out from all the hand-wringing if you can't come to grips with the fact TLR is going to rest guys regularly down the stretch. 

Precisely. Vaughn could be a little banged up. Health is the #1 most important issue and getting the guys back from injury back up to speed.

My guess is that TLR has a plan on how to get guys ready for the playoffs and he will follow it despite the outcry's of the misinformed or those who want TLR to fail while somehow the team succeeds.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

It’s weird to get mad about the lineup of a team with a 10.5 game lead and 50 games left. Even if it was a 5 game lead, you don’t know every reason why a guy may not be playing that day. It’s just a waste of time to give a crap about the lineup at this point. They’re getting ready for October. 

Hey now, if you’re going to be all reasonable and whatnot, I don’t know if you are going to fit in around here. 

1 hour ago, flavum said:

It’s weird to get mad about the lineup of a team with a 10.5 game lead and 50 games left. Even if it was a 5 game lead, you don’t know every reason why a guy may not be playing that day. It’s just a waste of time to give a crap about the lineup at this point. They’re getting ready for October. 

Part of getting ready for October is getting HFA. If guys need rest that is fine. But it shouldn't be because we have a big division lead when HFA is still in play for the AL playoffs and the World Series. 

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

The last time Burrows threw against us, he barfed on the mound. We also miss Maeda and Pineda this series. Let's get a series win before the real tough stretch starts. 

At least we now have a better prepared team with more weapons to face the tougher teams than earlier in the season.

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Part of getting ready for October is getting HFA. If guys need rest that is fine. But it shouldn't be because we have a big division lead when HFA is still in play for the AL playoffs and the World Series. 

You are right.  Sox are much better at home than on the road.  Let’s keep the foot on the pedal and don’t get complacent.

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Precisely. Vaughn could be a little banged up. Health is the #1 most important issue and getting the guys back from injury back up to speed.

My guess is that TLR has a plan on how to get guys ready for the playoffs and he will follow it despite the outcry's of the misinformed or those who want TLR to fail while somehow the team succeeds.

Wish that TLR better explain his decisions and rationales, which at times are incomprehensible to the average fan.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guys - the sox have 10.5 game lead and I have a feeling we're going to get our A+ lineup pretty rarely the next 7 weeks.  Stars are going to sit, probably frequntly.

I too want Vaughn in the line-up, but you're gonna get awfully worn out from all the hand-wringing if you can't come to grips with the fact TLR is going to rest guys regularly down the stretch. 

That’s all fair but Vaughn just sat out on Saturday.  Don’t think this about rest, which is the concerning part.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Jose - never has an off day

Moncada- never has an off day

Cesar - never has an off day

Don't give me an argument that he wants to rest players when he never rests players.  The only players that sit are young guys.  It has nothing to do with keeping the team fresh, just some stupid reason that the media and the blind eat up 

Leury also seems to be in every game.

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Wish that TLR better explain his decisions and rationales, which at times are incomprehensible to the average fan.

I dont think Tony posts here. 

1 hour ago, flavum said:

We have a chance to get home field advantage for the playoffs and should probably not overly rest one of our hottest hitters who also happens to be young & healthy.  And not sure how overplaying Leury better prepares us for October.  I’m not going to lose sleep over this decision, but let’s call a spade a spade.  The veteran is getting a start to makeup for being on the bench last night…there is nothing more to this that is feeding some sort of greater good.

• Thanks 2