08/16 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 ESPN/CSN

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, Heads22 said:

This is the worst defensive game I've seen out of the Athletics against the Sox in a long ass time

This is usually what we do against them in Oakland.

I remember we lost one game there cause we threw a pick off throw past 1B and the runner ended up scoring on the play cause of all the foul territory in Oakland. 

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

You gotta drop Moncada to 7th, right?

TA
Hernandez
Abreu
Eloy
Vaughn
Robert
Moncada
RF-swinging gate
Seby

I don't understand batting the 2nd or 3rd worst hitter in the lineup 2nd. I know it's an old school thing, but I'd rather see Robert or Vaughn there, at the very least.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I just wanted to check in and say congratulations kimbrel on giving up zero runs! Don't want to be accused of never talking about his outings where he walks the tight rope but doesn't break. 

Too late

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I just wanted to check in and say congratulations kimbrel on giving up zero runs! Don't want to be accused of never talking about his outings where he walks the tight rope but doesn't break. 

Right on. He was lucky that that double stayed in the park. Low fastballs in the zone to good lefties normally go  a long way.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Right on. He was lucky that that double stayed in the park. Low fastballs in the zone to good lefties normally go  a long way.

There's something about Jed Lowrie man. That guy gets all the clutch hits for them. I'm shocked his double didn't leave. 

He singlehandedly beat the Indians 3 times this year with late hits. 2 were homers. One of them was off Clase.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

On the radio broadcast, both Connie and DJ have repeatedly said Goodwin getting caught up was intentional and a smart play to allow the runner to score.

Is this a true assessment? Others here said Stone ripped it, though he has his favorites and others he dislikes.

No way. Robert was going to score anyway.

• Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic